AGM offers three membership categories to meet teh service needs of the varied grant makers in the region.
Annual membership contributions are based on the funder’s level of total
annual giving in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. The annual membership contribution supports
the many services that AGM provides to its members and the community. Support may be in
the form of a grant.
Circle of Champions Category
Members interested and willing to provide additional support in recognition of the valuable work AGM not only provides to grant makers but to nonprofits and the broader philanthropic community. Additional benefits include subscriptions to Stanford Social Innovation Review and Nonprofit Quarterly, no registration fee for most programs, and 15 hours of free custom research by AGM staff.
General Member Category
This is the basic membership category level for grant making foundations and corporate giving programs. Discounts for the following services: program fees, custom research, Summer Fund administrative support, and subscriptions.
Associate Member Category
You must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Emerging or new foundations in pre-grantmaking status
Philanthropic advisory services; philanthropic advisory services wishing to list more than one person are charged an additional $250 per person.
Foundations with primary office contact in states outside Massachusetts and New Hampshire that are members of the regional association in the state or region where they are located.
- Membership support is generally based on grants made annually in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Members submitting renewal form and payment by March 15 will receive a $100 discount. Annual membership support will cover the period from January through December.
- Exclusions in calculating your organization’s annual level of giving include: product donations, pass-through donations, fiscal sponsors, employee support to federated fundraising campaigns, and grants to individuals.
- Public Foundations (including community foundations), with AGM approval, can request that the membership support amount be based on discretionary grants only rather than total grants. Government agencies engaged in grant making, with AGM approval, can request that the membership support amount be based on the annual administrative budget rather than total grants.
- New foundations are eligible to receive a 50% discount in the first year and a 25% discount in the second year, provided amount is not less than $500.
For more information about grant
maker membership in AGM, including contribution structure, please
contact Jeff Poulos, Executive Director, at 617.426.2606 x13 or firstname.lastname@example.org.