Center for Philanthropy
Appointments: You must make an appointment before coming to the Resource Center for Philanthropy by emailing email@example.com
Hours: Monday through Thursday,
12 pm to 5 pm
Location: 55 Court Street, Boston MA (map)
Please Note: the RCP is open only to AGM Members and Partners. You can learn more about joining AGM here or view this list of alternative resources.
Grant making organizations and their staff, officers, and trustees
use the Resource Center to:
- Research trends in charitable giving, fundraising practices,
and nonprofit management.
- Identify best practices in foundation administration and find
useful workbooks, guidelines, and articles from other practitioners
and experts in the field.
- Research potential grantees.
- Enhance their knowledge of important issues such as evaluation,
ethics, board development, financial management, government
regulation, and legal issues.
- Tap into the collective expertise of other members and AGM
- Obtain help with research from the Resource Center staff.
Nonprofit organizations use the Resource
- Identify potential sources of grants matching their programmatic,
geographic, and population focus.
- Research local and national foundations, corporate giving
programs, and community funders.
- Access to online research tools available through AGM's Grant Makers Directory and the Foundation Center's database resources.
Established in 1970 to serve philanthropic community, the Resource Center for Philanthropy (RCP) includes the Janet C. Taylor Library, the most comprehensive nonprofit and philanthropic collection in New England, and a growing range of online services provided through AGM's website.