14th Annual Budget & Tax Briefing for Grantmakers
FHI 360, 1825 Connecticut Ave NW Washington, DC 20009
Consultant, Grantmaker, Philanthropic Advisor
The Grantmakers Income Security Taskforce (GIST) invites you to attend the 14th Annual Budget and Tax Briefing for Grantmakers on March 1, 2017 in Washington, DC. This meeting is free of charge and open to foundation representatives and philanthropic advisors only.
Please join us for a funders conversation about why federal budget and tax work matters to national, state and local funders. Network with colleagues and learn about and discuss pressing political developments, federal and state budget and tax issues, and emerging advocacy and communications strategies for protecting programs and policies that support low-income families, workers and communities.
Meeting sessions include (8:30am-5:00pm):
- New President, New Administration, New Priorities
Implications for us as a nation and for social policy
- Federal Policy, Budget and Revenue Outlook - What's in store during the 115th Congress?
- A Focus on the States - Areas of opportunity and frontlines of change
- Meeting the Challenges Ahead Together - Two breakout sessions will be offered to explore organizing and engagement and communications and messaging strategies for addressing upcoming federal, state and local battles.
Followed by a dinner program (5:30pm-8:00pm):
- A Round Table Discussion on the Condition of America's Working Class (Acadiana, 901 New York Avenue, Washington, DC). Please note there is a $40 fee to attend the dinner program to help defray the costs of the dinner.
For more information, visit: http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event;jsessionid=712F6D8EFFEACF7101FA67D4A0B4220D.worker_registrant?llr=dad5vqcab&oeidk=a07edldypoee092add9
To register, visit: https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07edldypoee092add9&oseq=&c=0f5fa200-20b2-11e3-8f04-d4ae52754aa9&ch=0fbd7970-20b2-11e3-8f16-d4ae52754aa9
Refunds: When an event or program requires payment, payment is required in advance unless alternative arrangements have been made with an AGM staff member. If payment has not been received and/or arrangements have not been made three or more business days before the event date, AGM reserves the right to cancel your unpaid reservation. AGM does not provide refunds, but a credit good for one year may be issued for future events if notice of nonattendance is received three or more business days prior to the event. If you need to cancel your event registration, please email AGM staff at email@example.com.
Media: Photographs and/or video may be taken at this event to support Associated Grant Makers efforts to educate and inform the community on the role of philanthropy, in marketing materials, on our website and through social media. If you prefer your image not to be used please notify us at the event. Thank you.