The Grantmakers Income Security Taskforce (GIST) invites you to attend the 14th Annual Budget and Tax Briefing for Grantmakers on March 1, 2017 in Washington, DC. This meeting is free of charge and open to foundation representatives and philanthropic advisors only.
Please join us for a funders conversation about why federal budget and tax work matters to national, state and local funders. Network with colleagues and learn about and discuss pressing political developments, federal and state budget and tax issues, and emerging advocacy and communications strategies for protecting programs and policies that support low-income families, workers and communities.
Meeting sessions include (8:30am-5:00pm):
- New President, New Administration, New Priorities
Implications for us as a nation and for social policy
- Federal Policy, Budget and Revenue Outlook - What's in store during the 115th Congress?
- A Focus on the States - Areas of opportunity and frontlines of change
- Meeting the Challenges Ahead Together - Two breakout sessions will be offered to explore organizing and engagement and communications and messaging strategies for addressing upcoming federal, state and local battles.
Followed by a dinner program (5:30pm-8:00pm):
- A Round Table Discussion on the Condition of America's Working Class (Acadiana, 901 New York Avenue, Washington, DC). Please note there is a $40 fee to attend the dinner program to help defray the costs of the dinner.