We are looking for an experienced accounting manager to supervise, track and evaluate day-to-day activities. The accounting manager’s responsibilities include establishing financial status by improving and maintaining systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting information. We are also looking for someone to also work closely with our financial management team and procurement manager.
Manage and oversee the operations of the accounting department including:
- Month and end-year process
- Accounts payable/receivable
- Cash receipts
- General ledger
- Fixed assets activity and reconciliations
- Investment account statement reconciliations,
- Weekly check runs
- Monitor and assist with analysis of accounting data
- Improve and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Assist with annual audit and tax returns
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Improve and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Assist with semi-monthly payroll processing
- Sales and use tax filings
- Proven working experience as an Accounting Manager or a Finance Manager, plus at least 7 years of accounting experience
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to direct and supervise
- Ability to work in dynamic, complex and ambiguous environment
- Non-profit experience (desired)
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
And it would be even more awesome if you have this:
- Passion for Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects
- Fluency in languages other than English
- Understanding of free culture / free software / open source principles
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the non-profit organization that supports and hosts Wikipedia and several other Wikimedia free knowledge sites. Every month, the Wikimedia sites are accessed by more than a billion unique devices. Wikipedia consists of more than 40 million articles across hundreds of languages. Every month, more than 250,000 volunteer editors contribute to Wikipedia. Based in San Francisco, California, the Wikimedia Foundation is an audited, 501(c)(3) non-profit that is funded primarily through donations and grants. It currently employs over 300 staff members.
At the Foundation, we build technology to help people everywhere access Wikipedia, across devices and in nearly 300 languages. We engineer privacy for our readers and editors so they can safely and securely explore Wikipedia. We create programs and initiatives to make Wikipedia freely available to more people in more parts of the world. We build new tools for the community of editors so they can continue to improve and grow Wikipedia. Roughly a quarter of our budget goes to supporting the community that make the site possible, including through grantmaking programs that enable volunteers and enrich the information on the sites.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
Benefits & Perks *
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 19 paid holidays - including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Great colleagues - diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
* for benefits eligible staff, benefits may vary by location
How to Apply
Apply Online: http://grnh.se/73tnlc1