The Accounts Payable Clerk will be an integral part of FSG’s Finance team. The Clerk will work closely with the other members of the Finance team and the Chief Financial Officer to ensure accurate and timely accounting records while providing a high level of customer service and support to our colleagues and external vendors.
- Manage full cycle accounts payable for our US and Switzerland offices
- Enter and code bills to appropriate accounts, budgets, grants and client projects (~50/week)
- Generate check and wire payments for vendors (~25/week)
- Manage high-volume employee expense reimbursement processing for our US and Geneva offices (~125/week)
- Review expense detail, coding and documentation backup and verify against internal and client spending policies
- Serve as backup for India office
- Communicate with vendors regarding account information, tax exemptions, payments and questions
- Assist with various state and federal filings, including generating annual 1099 forms for independent contractors
- Post daily cash receipts in our accounting system
- Analyze and prepare financial data using Excel
- Assist with the monthly close process, including expense accrual calculation and bank reconciliations
- Assist with annual audit preparation
- Mail payments, file paperwork, handle bank deposits and other administrative duties as assigned
- At least 1 year of experience working in accounts payable or other relevant accounting experience
- Positive and professional attitude and ability to thrive in a fast paced, growing firm
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen attention to detail
- Experience with MS Excel required, familiarity with CSV files a plus
- Proficiency with MS Outlook or similar email/calendar programs
- Experience with NetSuite ERP or similar accounting software preferred
- Experience in a professional services environment and/or nonprofit organization is strongly preferred
- Experience with Chrome River or similar employee expense systems a plus
- Experience working in a multi-site organization with international branches a plus
- Associate degree in accounting or accounting certificate preferred
This is a full-time role based in our Boston office. Salary is competitive for position and nonprofit sector; it also includes a generous benefits package. As part of those benefits, FSG offers health insurance with 100% of premiums covered by FSG for its full-time, US employees as well as disability and life insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. Note: visa sponsorship is not available for our US offices. In addition, we are unable to support the OPT Training visa, as this visa will eventually require sponsorship.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and your resume via our online application system by clicking the "Apply for this position" button below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
FSG is a mission-driven consulting firm supporting leaders in creating large-scale, lasting social change. Through strategy, evaluation, and research we help many types of actors – individually and collectively – make progress against the world’s toughest problems.
Our teams work across all sectors by partnering with leading foundations, businesses, nonprofits and governments in every region of the globe. We seek to reimagine social change by identifying ways to maximize the impact of existing resources, amplifying the work of others to help advance knowledge and practice, and inspiring change agents around the world to achieve greater impact.
As part of our nonprofit mission, FSG also directly supports learning communities, such as the Collective Impact Forum, Impact Hiring Initiative, and Shared Value Initiative, to provide the tools and relationships that change agents need to be successful.