Supervisor: Executive Director (ED)
Start Date: Immediate start date
Salary: commensurate with experience
About Boston Youth Sanctuary
Boston Youth Sanctuary (BYS) is a therapeutic after-school program for youth ages 6-11 that have experienced traumatic events or circumstances in their lives. BYS works with children and families from the Boston community providing clinical and case management services designed to improve youths’ functioning in home, community and academic settings. BYS works to address the needs of children across all life domains by providing wrap-around services to them and their families in one centralized location.
BYS is seeking to hire an outstanding person to work as the Business Office Manager. The Business Office Manager will be in charge of day-to-day business operations of the Office including human resources. Act as the eyes and ears of the ED ensure deadlines and goals are on target throughout the year.
The right candidate will be hard-working, organized, detail-oriented, and have excellent people skills that seamlessly translate to all of BYS’s different stakeholders (youth, staff, board, donors, corporations, volunteers). We are seeking someone who can demonstrate their capacity to think strategically, exercise common sense, handle competing priorities and multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and not afraid to take on a broad spectrum of tasks from the mundane to the highly complex.
- Oversee and manage the yearly, quarterly, and monthly BYS budget as outlined by the ED.
- Conduct periodic audits comparing budgeted items to actual expenses.
- Monitor purchases, assessing compliance with established procedures
- Work with the ED to create and maintain the EEC manual and assist with various license renewals
- Negotiate and monitor contracts with all vendors; i.e., transportation, food, copiers, database software, etc.
- Responsible for oversight of the building maintenance; coordinating and directing contractors and vendors.
- Assist with preparation of Grant requests; provide information related to the budget, program data and writing.
- Assist with the collection and maintaining of pertinent data.
- Assist the ED with projects as they arise.
Following is a summary of the key attributes of the successful candidate:
- A successful manager with a minimum of 5 years experience,
- Excellent, polished writing and communication skills, and exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to establish strong relationships via email, phone, and in person;
- A strong work ethic. Someone who leads by example and can work effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy, creative environment with demonstrated ability to meet required deadlines;
- Positive approach, can-do attitude, sense of humor and grace under pressure;
- Incredibly well-organized. We’re looking for the kind of person who loves to create and maintain order;
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to run well organized and purposeful meetings;
- Responsibilities involve exposure to sensitive information, and the person in this role will need to demonstrate considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and a high level of comfort with the internet and technology;
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals of Boston Youth Sanctuary.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution preferred
Please submit resumes to Diane Retzky at email@example.com.
Boston Youth Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer.