Jewish Vocational Service, a non-profit workforce development organization, seeks a part-time, experienced Career Coach.
The Career Coach is responsible for developing strong job leads and job placement assistance to program participants in the Disability Department. Services include employment assessment, resume preparation, interview practice, and job placement assistance including outreach to employers, job development, placement, and follow–up support. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated skills as a Career Coach to initiate and sustain collaborative working relationships with a variety of businesses in the greater Boston area. This individual must have a strong knowledge about issues related to individuals with significant barriers to employment. The Career Coach is part of a larger JVS team that supports employment, training and education needs of clients and employers. This is a part-time, 21 hour per week position (3 days a week).
The ideal candidate will have:
• An understanding of job development and job placement required
• Experience in marketing and outreach strongly desired
• 1-3 years of experience in workforce development or related field required
• 1-3 years of experience in working with individuals with barriers to employment desired
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills required
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
• Presentation and facilitation skills
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required
• Associates Degree required in Human Services, Business Administration or related field.
You will qualify for medical and dental insurance, 403(b), short and long term disability and life insurance plans. A robust paid time off plan is also part of the offering. This position is located at 75 Federal St, Boston, MA. This role requires regular local travel and occasional evening/weekend hours.
JVS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. By providing and supporting a work culture that fosters and builds upon diversity and its strengths, JVS will better serve our local communities and continue to provide quality services. JVS is an employment at-will organization and an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, JVS prohibits retaliation against an applicant or employee because he or she has engaged in protected activity under the statutes prohibiting discrimination in the workplace.