Jewish Vocational Service, a non-profit workforce development organization, seeks a fulltime, experienced Career Navigator. This position involves creating, strengthening and sustaining relationships with local pharmacies which will lead to hires of our program graduates. The Career Navigator will market and prepare students for interviews with pharmacies, and will instruct the Professional Development class. S/he will build relationships with employers and students and will be passionate about transitioning low-income Bostonians into middle-skill jobs. This position is located at 75 Federal Street, Boston, MA and involves using public transportation to visit local pharmacies.
The right candidate will have:
• Associates Degree required in related area (Coaching/Career Counseling, Human Resources, Psychology, Social Work, or Education)
• 2-3 years of experience in the workforce development/ job search/career coaching/recruiting/ field with excellent knowledge of coaching tools and strategies.
• Knowledge of community and web-based job search resources and techniques required.
• Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining professional business relationships relevant to employment of others
• Experience in recruitment, job development desired.
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills required.
• Experience building relationships with employer partners preferred.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
Work hours are generally 9-5 Monday through Friday (full-time 35 hours/week). As a full-time employee, you will qualify for medical and dental insurance, 403(b), short and long term disability and life insurance plans. A robust paid time off plan is also part of the offering.
JVS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. By providing and supporting a work culture that fosters and builds upon diversity and its strengths, JVS will better serve our local communities and continue to provide quality services. JVS is an employment at-will organization and an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, JVS prohibits retaliation against an applicant or employee because he or she has engaged in protected activity under the statutes prohibiting discrimination in the workplace.