The Chief of Staff reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer. This position is essential enabling the CEO to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders. This position plans and provides administrative and operational support to the CEO and the Board of Directors. This is highly strategic and facilitative position that requires a combination of focus and flexibility, as well as a willingness to play an active, behind-the-scenes role. As the CEO’s ‘trusted counsel’, the role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, and strong analytical skills.
Support President & CEO
- Help track, organize, and manage the CEO’s competing priorities and meeting requests to ensure prioritization of time and attention, with a particular focus on the CEO's development/ fundraising activity.
- Develop strong relationships with external constituents (social entrepreneurs, investors, board members, policymakers, assistants, etc.)
- Anticipate, respond to, and prepare for upcoming prospect meetings and high-impact investor relations events including preparing marketing materials, and facilitating follow-up correspondence.
Serves as Board Liaison
- Manage all board meetings, gatherings and annual meetings including agenda and materials preparation
- Support board chair and CEO in board work
- A Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience, with a minimum 2 years of experience in a rapid-growth, entrepreneurial organization
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills with ability to learn to write in and capture the CEO’s voice
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, simultaneously leading multiple projects and effectively prioritizing time and tasks
- Superior organizational skills, commitment to high-quality work product, and attention to detail
- Strong command of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
Salary Range: $50,000 - $65,000 Based on Experience
How to Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. In the subject line, please specify the position to which you are applying. No phone calls, please.
United South End Settlements has Competitively Generous Benefits:
3 Weeks Vacation to Start
3 Personal Days
15 Sick Days
1 Floating Holiday
4 Professional Days
Health Reimbursement Account - 100% Employer Paid
Flexible Spending Accounts
403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
Group Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment/Short Term Disability - 100% Employer Paid
Long Term Disability Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
United South End Settlements’ (USES) mission is to harness the power of our diverse community to disrupt the cycle of poverty for children and their families. USES believes families have the best chance to reach their potential when they have long-term, holistic support. At USES, our focus is on helping caregivers and families with children under 12, although our door is open to children and adults from diverse family settings. We help families reach their goals by providing one-on-one coaching and job training for parents/caregivers, and education and enrichment opportunities for children including early childhood education, after school and summer programming, and a sleep away camp in New Hampshire.
USES also believes that children and their families can access the greatest opportunities when we welcome people from various backgrounds and perspectives. We intentionally promote community and bring together people from different backgrounds through diversified enrollment, volunteerism, networking and other community building opportunities. USES operates in three locations in the South End – Harriet Tubman House, South End House, and the Children’s Art Centre – and Camp Hale on Squam Lake in New Hampshire.