Let's Get Ready is an innovative, growing nonprofit that provides high school students from low-income circumstances with free SAT preparation, admissions counseling, and other support services needed to gain admission to and graduate from college. In collaboration with colleges, high schools and community organizations, Let's Get Ready (LGR) has grown to serve roughly 9,000 high school students annually through more than 80 programs from Philadelphia to Maine. With a $3.5 million budget and a staff of 28, Let's Get Ready operates out of its headquarters in NYC and a regional office in Boston. LGR plans to double the number of students served over the next three years, and is focused on significantly increasing revenues and awareness necessary to support this future growth.
LGR uses a unique near-peer model that is proven to connect with students from low-income and first-generation college-going backgrounds. LGR engages and trains college student volunteers Coaches to deliver services. Some Coaches come from similar circumstances to those of the high school students; all have recently gone through the college admission, financial aid and matriculation process. From this vantage point, they can connect with high school students and impact them deeply, offering encouragement, inspiration, confidence and guidance that deliver tremendous results.
LGR high school students are extraordinarily successful; in fact, 92% of them gain admission to college. LGR then supports their transition and ultimate success, leveraging the near-peer model throughout the college experience by pairing students with more senior college peers who can help them adjust, adapt and succeed through to graduation. LGR college students graduate at 5 times the national average for students from low-income circumstances.
Let’s Get Ready has committed to tracking all students to and through college and providing them with the support and resources they need to be successful. The Transition Program manager will report to the Director of College Success and will oversee the implementation, management, and enhancement of Let’s Get Ready’s College Transition initiative. The Transition Program Manager will focus on increasing student engagement in programmatic offerings in order to help students matriculate to college and work towards our ultimate goal of college graduation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development and refinement of new targeted programmatic interventions to ensure all students enroll in, and graduate from, college
- Consult with the Director of Education and Training around the creation of curriculum and enhancement of training materials
- Collaborate with LGR’s program team to ensure a strong student pipeline across all programs
Transition Coach Management:
Trained upperclassmen, known as Transition Coaches, support a caseload of HS seniors and assist them in navigating the college application and financial aid processes, connect them with resources and support systems, and provide positive reinforcement through remote supports such as text messages and Google Hangouts under the leadership and guidance of Let’s Get Ready. The focus of Let’s Get Ready’s research based design is to enable students – individually and as cohorts – to successfully navigate the path to college and matriculate successfully. The Transition Manager will support approximately 10 Transition Coaches.
- Recruit, hire, train, and support Transition Coaches
- Track and drive student engagement and progress towards organizational benchmarks
- Oversee and perform administrative and logistical support functions
- Provide students with personalized guidance, information, and reminders through a two-way texting platform
- Deliver phone based and in person supports for high school juniors and seniors supporting them prepare for and tackle issues related to college applications, financial aid, and matriculation
- Plan ongoing workshops surrounding transitioning to college, financial aid renewal, and scholarship information
Program Manager roles are full-time; occasional evening and weekend work is required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A genuine passion for and commitment to LGR’s mission
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Experience developing trusting relationships with and/or managing college students
- Proven project and/or people management skills
- Belief that a diverse and inclusive environment will produce the most impact for LGR's students; an ability to build respectful, productive relationships with team members and communities of diverse backgrounds and viewpoints
- Bachelor’s degree required
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with the market and experience.
Candidates in the New York City and Boston areas will be considered. Let’s Get Ready is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
and include College Transition Program Manager
in the subject line.