The Community Foundation of Western MA seeks a Marketing & Communications Director to join their innovative and fast-paced team! As the Director, you will create and execute a strategic communications and marketing plan that builds the brand of the organization as well as strengthens awareness of the Foundation’s programs and impacts in its greater service region. To be successful, you must be a proactive, resourceful, and flexible self-starter who can advocate for her/his ideas as well as perform a strategic, tactical, and operational role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create a strategic communications and marketing plan and manage projects to effectively execute that plan;
- Develop and manage brand strategy;
- Oversee the development of a new and updated website;
- Develop organizational and brand messaging that can be incorporated into speeches, print and digital materials, proposals, presentations, etc. for senior staff, Trustee chair, and key ambassadors as well as oversee external communications across departments;
- Implement a social media and public relations strategy, including content creation and editing;
- Work with outside service providers, e.g. designers, copywriters, photographers, videographers, printers, etc.;
- Develop collateral material, including annual reports, print and electronic newsletters, brochures, product sheets, videos, inserts, and other materials.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Ten years of relevant work experience in communications, marketing, and/or public relations;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills;
- Exceptional project management abilities;
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently in a deadline-driven environment;
- Strong social media background including proven campaign execution as well as experience in managing website update projects;
- Experience with social listening programs and technologies;
- Experience in nonprofit field is required (unpaid or professional), multiple industries preferred.
For immediate consideration, please email resume and cover letter to search firm United Personnel, attn: Abbie Emeigh at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, December 4, 2017.