Description: 12-month, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
The Cambridge School of Weston seeks a motivated and self-directed Communications Specialist to join a seasoned, fast-paced team serving a range of internal clients. As Communications Specialist, you will help plan, execute, and measure branding and integrated marketing programs that deepen the school’s engagement with internal and external stakeholders. This is the ultimate generalist role…leveraging and expanding skills in content generation (writing, photo, video); design (working within provided templates); and project management. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, collaborative, and able to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment. The role requires a high level of creativity, close attention to detail, grace under pressure, excellent customer service instincts, and strong project management skills.
Specific responsibilities include:
Content generation and management:
- Write a wide variety of content, including, but not limited to, letters, marketing collateral (flyers, postcards, brochures, programs), articles for print (bi-annual school magazine, annual donor report) and web, press releases, OpEds, email copy, social media posts.
- Working with academic and administrative departments, help research great content/story ideas for promotion of the school.
- Ensure that the community portal (myCSW) and the external website are accurate, up to date, and support the brand.
- Work with Content Manager and Chief Marketing Officer to ensure a consistent, compelling social media presence.
- Collect and curate content from across the school to create and distribute weekly community enewsletter, as well as monthly alumni/ae and admissions e-newsletters.
- Coordinate scheduling of filming/photography to represent the full CSW experience. As appropriate, shoot and edit brief videos.
- Provide photo coverage of school events (Assembly, end of mod art show, student performances, games, etc.) for social media and the website.
- Manage the department’s online photo library, tagging and organizing assets as needed.
- Coordinate with professional photographers/videographers for larger events, such as Commencement, performances, speakers, etc. as necessary.
- Help establish, track and regularly report on key metrics of user engagement.
- Using provided templates, and working in partnership with CSW’s external design firm, produce print and digital collateral including invitations, posters, programs, web pages, and fundraising appeals.
- Maintain the inventory of our design and digital assets and support internal stakeholders in the use of such assets
- Under supervision of Content Manager, lead assigned projects from initial request to completion. Collaborate with departments to ensure smooth procedure and establish realistic expectations.
- Effectively collaborate with third-party designers, agencies and print vendors to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of projects.
- Maintain department production calendar, incorporating department-specific requests and ongoing, school-wide content creation.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years of professional experience in a related role.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker with an ability to use data to inform all decisions.
- Able to prioritize and complete multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment with close attention to detail.
- Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge
- Expertise in web and social media analytics.
- Proficiency with G Suite (i.e. google drive, gmail, google calendar etc).
- Familiarity with email marketing automation platforms such as MailChimp.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Acrobat, Photoshop and InDesign) and experience with Final Cut Pro or iMovie.
- Photography and videography skills preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Macintosh operating system.
- Experience with off-the-shelf CMS; familiarity with Blackbaud suite and On-products a plus.
- Working knowledge of design, color, layout, and typography.
To apply for this position: Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.