The Massachusetts Service Alliance (MSA) builds a stronger social fabric in our communities through service and volunteerism. We are committed to increasing the number of people engaged in meaningful volunteer opportunities across Massachusetts that are both fulfilling for the volunteers and that meet critical needs in our community. Our mission is to catalyze the innovation and growth of service and volunteerism by creating partnerships that maximize resources, expertise, capacity and impact and to invest public and private funds in community-based organizations in a fair and equitable manner.
Through our services we engage over 1,400 AmeriCorps and Commonwealth Corps members and thousands of volunteers annually, improving academic and social and emotional outcomes for 13,600 youth, maintaining over 400 acres of park and public lands and 92 miles of trails and rivers, and providing legal assistance to 4,475 low-income individuals.
We care passionately about service and our employees.
Job Description Summary
The Coordinator for Volunteer Initiatives reports to the Director of Training and Technical Assistance and is responsible for efforts and initiatives that increase the engagement of volunteers and the impact of their efforts in the Commonwealth. The Coordinator for Volunteer Initiatives supports the implementation of MSA’s Volunteer Generation Fund (VGF) grant to develop and strengthen relationships with volunteer connector organizations across the state, support grants to engage volunteers for National Days of Service, build the capacity of organizations to engage volunteers, and promote and market service and volunteerism in Massachusetts. For the VGF grant, the Coordinator for Volunteer Initiatives is responsible for program reporting/tracking, outcome measurements, and the coordination Coordinator for Volunteer Initiatives of deliverables which includes implementing the Service Enterprise Initiative, a nationally recognized certification and training model.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as co-trainer for the Service Enterprise training modules, delivering material with topics such as change management, return on investment, skills-based volunteerism, and volunteer management best practices.
- Provide onsite volunteer management consulting/coaching services to participating Service Enterprise organizations.
- Coordinate training and technical assistance to build the capacity of organizations in the field to better engage and utilize volunteers.
- Manage the grants process and a mixed portfolio of sub-grantees for the Youth Development Volunteer Initiative and National Days of Service Initiatives including but not limited to Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service and National Volunteer Week. This includes managing the RFP process, grantee contracting, budget negotiations and processing reimbursement requests.
- Monitor sub-grantee progress through site visits, progress reports, and phone consultation.
- Convene and meet with volunteer connectors in MA to determine capacity needs, establish best practices and monitor the volunteerism landscape across the state.
- Manage MSA service projects and special volunteer initiatives, as needed.
- Assist with grant writing and reporting to stakeholders such as the Corporation for National and Community Service.
- Identify opportunities to develop new initiatives and collaborations to support the field of service and volunteerism.
What we are looking for:
- Strong demonstrated commitment, passion and belief in the power of service and volunteerism.
- Comfort and experience with public speaking and/or training.
- Two to three years of experience in direct service, volunteer management, and/or grants management.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, productive relationships with diverse individuals and organizations to achieve common goals.
- Experience working with a wide range of nonprofit organizations and planning service projects.
- Capacity to work independently, as part of a team, and collaboratively with a broad range of individuals and organizations.
- Proven ability to initiate problem solving and remain flexible.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and social media; knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel independently within Massachusetts; driver's license required.
- Knowledge of the local, state and national service and volunteer network is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, relevant work experience.
The Massachusetts Service Alliance is committed to hiring practices that support the values of a diverse workplace and reflect the makeup of the Massachusetts communities it serves. MSA does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, secular preference, sexual orientation, marital status, age, political affiliation or religion, in accordance with non-discrimination requirements of applicable statutes. MSA welcomes applications from people with disabilities and will make reasonable accommodations upon request.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Coordinator for Volunteer Initiatives” in the subject heading.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with priority given to those received by Monday, December 11, 2017. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.