Title / Position: Data Analyst
Location: Main Office
Reports to: Director of Evaluation
Schedule: Full-Time Monday-Friday 9-5pm
The Data Analyst is responsible for supporting the execution of BGCB’s Evaluation Strategic Plan and analyzing datasets so that BGCB can better understand its communities and impact. The Data Analyst will work with Club staff to capture high quality data. The Data Analyst will work with the Director of Evaluation to create a culture where staff embrace data as a valued tool that can inform / support their day-to-day work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze year over year demographic and attendance information for patterns and trends by Club/Community served.
- Analyze data sets including but not limited to: Annual National Youth Outcomes Initiative Survey, Bi-Annual Family Survey, and Life After the Club Pre / Post Surveys.
- Field data queries from Club and Main Office staff.
- Support the presentation and communication of findings to Club staff and BGCB development, marketing and operations departments.
- Review data sets for errors or duplication.
- Work with Director of Evaluation to find digital tools, strategies, and innovations to increase the use of data in Clubs.
- Act as the primary manager of BGCB’s KidTrax member database.
- Support Membership Directors and other Club staff as they work to input and utilize member data.
- Identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions to improve the quality of data.
- Support system enhancement (and migration to new platforms when necessary).
- Assist Director with the development of evaluation tools/methods.
- Support the implementation of BGCB’s ongoing theory of change work.
- Support the building and maintenance of weekly and monthly Club dashboards.
- Improve the quality and accuracy of key data reports.
- Brainstorm ways BGCB can present data to different stakeholders.
- Assist Director with training efforts to build data literacy and increase data system usage among Club staff and leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
General BGCB Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Commitment to BGCB’s mission.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Experience supporting and enhancing database processes that support many functional departments; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Coursework or relevant field experience in statistics.
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts and translate their meaning.
- Intermediate to advanced technical skills in Microsoft products – Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Prior use of Excel statistics add on package or SPSS.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Must be able to sit at computer workstation for long time periods.
- Local travel to off-site meetings and events as needed.
Please apply at: https://bgcbcareers.silkroad.com/