Jewish Vocational Service, a non-profit workforce development organization, seeks a fulltime, experienced Database Analyst. JVS’ primary database is Efforts to Outcomes (ETO), a comprehensive case management and data collection tool. JVS' Data Quality department is the key technical resource providing site administration, functionality, reporting, technical training, and user interface support of the ETO system. The Database Analyst is responsible for general oversight, reporting, training and user support to ensure the proper use of ETO by program staff and to ensure timely and complete collection of participant data. The main focus of the role is to provide technical and instructional support related to data management and reporting, and assist in building and fine-tuning reports via ETO Results (SAP Business Objects). The Database Analyst will also help provide key technical administration and expertise in the development and use of ETO to measure and report on the progress of each of our programs and our Agency as a whole. There are no direct staff reports to this position. This role reports to the Director of Data Quality and Continuous Improvement.
Key Essential Job Functions:
- Support JVS' Client and Employer database (ETO) and other agency databases, by developing queries to extract, manipulate, and calculate information
- Help to develop and modify ETO systems in response to user needs, research and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate access to ETO systems, including management of user accounts, licenses, and permissions to ensure system security and confidentiality
- Develop and implement database structures, relationships, queries, report dashboards
- Conduct report testing and modifications, ensure reports are accurate, timely
- Create and maintain regular and ad hoc reports required for all review, analysis and research needs
- Conduct analysis of data for completeness and accuracy, and support programmatic improvement, achievement, and precise reporting of goals across the agency as required.
- Translate complex outcome analysis for non-technical staff members
- Ensure data completeness in internal and external reports
- Liaise with database providers to address problems in a timely manner and ensure database integrity and reliability
The right candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years related proven successful experience in providing support for users of database systems and reporting responsibilities.
- Experience in a nonprofit setting using data tracking software as well as a solid understanding of program/outcomes measurement is preferred.
- Knowledge of report writing in SAP Business Objects, User Experience, and/or Team Management, including data visualization/presentation skills are a plus.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office, particularly Excel with demonstrated ability to learn quickly new software and web-based applications.
- Proven experience working with multiple datasets.
- Ability to use analytical techniques such as conceptual thinking to analyze situations and requests form department heads and funders.
- Detail orientation, and strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong listening skills coupled with the ability to learn quickly, think logically, and understand abstract relationships.
- Ability to train and support end-users.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Certification or degree in computer science, information technology, statistics, mathematics or related discipline that has a significant database management and administration component preferred. Equivalencies in formal education and experience will be considered
Work hours are generally 9-5 Monday through Friday (full-time 35 hours/week). As a full-time employee, you will qualify for medical and dental insurance, 403(b), short and long term disability and life insurance plans. A robust paid time off plan is also part of the offering. This position requires frequent meetings with program managers, end users and evaluators, and may require working outside of scheduled hours as defined by the needs of the department.
JVS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. By providing and supporting a work culture that fosters and builds upon diversity and its strengths, JVS will better serve our local communities and continue to provide quality services.
If you wish to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your cover letter where you saw the listing.