Ellis Memorial (“Ellis”) is a Boston-based nonprofit providing inner city working families with high quality early education and care, and out-of-school time programs for youth. The goal of all Ellis programs is to engage, educate and empower. Learn more about us at www.ellismemorial.org.
The Development and Volunteer Associate provides support for the agency’s multi-faceted fundraising program, including but not limited to donor database management, grant writing, special events support, direct mail appeals, newsletter and other communication strategies, website management and volunteer program management.
- Manages donor database (Giftworks), including processing gifts, generating timely thank you letters, and pulling lists and reports. Ensures donor records are updated with most current and accurate information. Maintains electronic copies of donor correspondence
- Drafts proposals, concept papers, letters and reports to the agency’s existing corporate and foundation supporters; prepares attachments for grant proposals; research prospective new sources of corporate and foundation support
- Provides support with development communications such as brochures, flyers, newsletters and marketing/event materials
- Coordinates activities related to special events including annual events, donor cultivation events, and special receptions
- Manages social media platforms and content
- Assists in the development and implementation of stewardship strategies
Volunteer Program Management
- Develops and maintains relationships with corporations, universities and community groups to recruit interns
- Develops annual volunteer event proposals with the agency’s corporate partners
- Coordinates volunteer opportunities between the agency’s corporate and individual volunteer partners and program directors
- Provides orientation to agency volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree and two+ years of experience in fundraising
- Excellent writing and editing skills, prior grant writing experience highly desirable
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (in person, by phone and in writing)
- Superior attention to detail, consistency, accuracy and follow-through
- Proven project management skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Reliable professional who is resourceful and dependable
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite, experience working with Constant Contact and Drupal a plus
- Prior experience with Giftworks or similar donor management software required
Competitive salary and benefits package including vacation and sick time, health insurance, dental insurance, 401k. Please submit résumé and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.