The ACLU Foundation of Massachusetts is hiring a Development Associate to support our growing development team, help execute events, and lead research. This position will report directly to the Deputy Director/Chief Development Officer, and will join a team of five. Our ambitious fundraising goals are based on programmatic goals on voting rights, reproductive rights, LGBTQ rights, immigrants’ rights, criminal justice reform, open government, digital privacy and free speech.
Support Development (40%)
- Provide administrative support for Deputy Director/Chief Development Officer and Donor Officers, including; input of contacts into database, meeting preparation, preparation and creation of donor materials, drafting of donor communication, and preparing proactive reports on portfolios.
- Work closely with Development Coordinator and National Database Team to provide proactive reports on portfolio, pledges and financial reports;
- Lead execution of donor mailings including quarterly direct mail process including coordination with donor officers, deadlines, external vendors, and coordination of volunteers;
- Support Deputy Director/Chief Development Officer on organizational deadlines and meetings at staff, department and committee level;
- Monitor and track department and grant deadlines, and;
- Collaborate with staff across departments to draft stewardship and cultivation materials.
Event Support (30%)
- Work closely with donor officers in execution of monthly events for donors including: salons, Amicus luncheons, town halls, Executive Conversations. This includes keeping deadlines for events, identifying and working with venues and external vendors, creation of invitations execution of mailings, management of RSVPs and day-of logistics;
- Provide department wide support for annual Bill of Rights Dinner 1,500 person organizational event in May, and;
- Support and help execute additional donor engagement opportunities.
Research and Database (20%)
- Lead prospect research for department;
- Lead staff Quarterly Portfolio Refresh an internal process that identifies, qualifies and assigns new prospects for assignment to leadership gifts portfolio;
- Research new foundations to qualify for grants portfolio;
- Work closely with Development Coordinator on database and interface with Finance.
Other Tasks (10%)
- Update acknowledgement letters;
- Other duties as assigned.
One to four years of relevant work experience preferred. We seek an organized, detail-oriented, team player that is an effective and clear verbal and written communicator. Strong writing or experience creating communications material is desirable. Strong belief in ACLU’s work and mission.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. We have a generous benefits package, including health insurance, generous vacation, and generous matching through our 401k plan.
How To Apply:
Please send an email with subject line: Development Associate with resume and cover letter describing how your experience and skills meet the requirements for the position to email@example.com. We will review applications on a rolling basis until we fill this position. No phone calls, please.
The ACLU of Massachusetts is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LBGTQ community to apply.
About the ACLU of Massachusetts
The ACLU of Massachusetts is a nonpartisan organization with more than 100,000 supporters across the Commonwealth. We are one of 50 independent state-ACLU affiliates nationwide. For nearly 100 years, we have worked daily in the courts, in legislatures, in the media, and in communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution, Bill of Rights and laws of the United States. Learn more about the history of the ACLU of Massachusetts, the range of issues we cover, and the national ACLU’s work and history at aclum.org.