The ACLU of Massachusetts is seeking a part time Development Coordinator to play a key role in our growing development program. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Coordinator will be responsible for database management, gift processing and follow-up, direct mail coordination, coordination with finance department regarding reconciliation, and some administrative support for our six person development department. Most immediately, the Development Coordinator will lead learning and training in new organizational database.
- Administer and oversee development database, including maintaining confidential donor records, gift entry, acknowledgments, and updating other information;
- Learn, participate in trainings to master and new organizational Sales Force database;
- Coordinate gift acknowledgement letters, quarterly appeals and stewardship mailings;
- Manage quarterly revenue reconciliation process between the development and finance departments, as well as the yearly reconciliation between the Massachusetts affiliate and National ACLU;
- Create and run reports, produce event invitation lists, track major gifts, and quarterly appeal;
- Provide administrative support when necessary, including support for development events.
- Experience and competence using Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel required;
- Database experience or prior use of Salesforce NGOC and/or Donor Direct preferred;
- Finance experience a strong plus;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills: a strong, consistent attention to detail, an organized work style;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work well with many different types of people
- Commitment to the mission and principles of the ACLU.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
Please send an email with subject line: Development Coordinator with resume and cover letter describing how your experience and skills meet the requirements for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review applications on a rolling basis until we fill this position. No phone calls, please.
The ACLU of Massachusetts is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LBGTQ community to apply.
About the ACLU of Massachusetts
The ACLU of Massachusetts is a nonpartisan organization with more than 100,000 supporters across the Commonwealth. We are one of 50 independent state-ACLU affiliates nationwide. For nearly 100 years, we have worked daily in the courts, in legislatures, in the media, and in communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution, Bill of Rights and laws of the United States. Learn more about the history of the ACLU of Massachusetts, the range of issues we cover, and the national ACLU’s work and history at aclum.org.