Reporting to the Senior Director of Principal and Major Gifts, the Individual Giving Coordinator will support the entire Major Gifts Team as members carry out their fund raising and prospect management responsibilities. In this regard, the successful IG Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Senior Director and gift officers during the current campaign, run donor reports and fundraising progress reports, initiate basic donor research, track all activities surrounding the VIP/grateful patient initiative, and coordinate major and planned giving stewardship efforts, among other important duties and as outlined below.
This is an exciting time to join the development team at Spaulding – home to Harvard Medical School’s Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, ranked a “Top Four” Rehabilitation Hospital by US News and World Report, and dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and families coping with disabilities from injury and illness. Currently in the quiet phase, the Campaign for the Spaulding Research Institute already is generating impactful gifts that will enhance research efforts and results in a variety of physical medicine and rehabilitation areas.
- Provide general administrative coordination and support to the Senior Director and all other members of the Major Gifts Team, with tasks including (but not limited to) managing calendars and producing meeting materials and correspondence.
- Coordinate the recording, gathering, and tracking of donor/prospect work in Raiser’s Edge; donor acknowledgement and report generation; expense report preparation; and other duties as requested.
- Make travel and meeting arrangements, prepare accurate and thorough travel itineraries, and prepare and process employee expenses, all to support the increasingly higher volume of donor/prospect visits by the Team.
- Actively participate in team meetings and offer input on prospect strategies.
- Assist with special coding of major gifts made by prospects that are in the team’s portfolio and other high-dollar donations and pledges that require certain restrictions or follow up. Review daily gift reports to ensure proper and accurate coding of all major gifts. Work with Systems Manager on any required gift edits, including the submission of new fund creation form as needed.
- Review all major donor pledges that require reminders or special follow up, and coordinate prompt generation of correspondence for the Senior Director and other gift officers to review and mail.
- Assist in other individual giving activities as needed and assigned.
Ongoing and Special Projects:
- Coordinate and manage cultivation and stewardship programs that are targeted towards principal, major, and planned gift donors and prospects. In this capacity, act as the production/logistics point-person for the Team for targeted cultivation and stewardship events, as well as similarly-targeted publications/communications, working closely with our Development Communications and Special Events teams as necessary.
- Initiate basic donor/prospect research (i.e.: using Google and our own database) upon request, to supplement the research otherwise undertaken by the Director of Prospect Management and Systems as well as our consultants.
- Assist with the management and tracking of all activities surrounding the VIP/grateful patient program, including coordination of inpatient visits, prompting follow up calls and correspondence after prospect visits, scheduling meetings for staff officers and clinicians to review prospects and protocols, and working with Development Operations to recommend staff assignments based on assigned “beats.”
- Conduct an audit of donors and prospects who previously had indicated a planned gift for Spaulding, and assist one or more gift officers in developing a program to affirm those plans.
- Assist one or more gift officers in the creation and administration of a new planned giving recognition society, as well as the development of related planned giving marketing materials and events.
- Provide backup support to the Executive Assistant of the Sr. VP and VP of Development as needed.
Required: Associate’s degree
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree
Required: 2+ years of experience in a development office setting, preferably in healthcare, and proven professionalism and efficiency.
Required: Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar donor database, as well as Microsoft Office and related software.
Preferred: Knowledge of HIPAA privacy rules a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritize.
- Cheerful, engaging, and professional interpersonal skills, with both internal and external constituencies.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, good written and verbal communication skills and maintain a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities at once, while remaining focused on campaign priorities and helping the team to move as many prospects toward those priorities.
- Strong adherence to patient/donor privacy, confidentiality, and other hospital protocols.
- Represent Spaulding and its campaign priorities professionally, positively, and accurately, both in person and in writing, with all internal and external constituents.
- Passion for Spaulding and its overall mission.
Click here to apply