Reporting to the Senior Director of Development Operations (SDDO), the Development Operations Coordinator (DC) is responsible for providing administrative support to the SDDO and other Development Directors as needed. The DC will handle all general incoming calls and email correspondence providing initial support and further assess how to best triage requests that need follow-up. S/he is also the point person for tracking development expenses, follow-up with in-kind and art donations. Serving as the coordinator of the central office needs, the DC will manage supplies, inventory and space logistics as part of their routine work, in order to promote efficiency and a collegial environment.
This is an exciting time to join the development team at Spaulding – home to Harvard Medical School’s Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, ranked a “Top Four” Rehabilitation Hospital by US News and World Report, and dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and families coping with disabilities from injury and illness.
Administrative support to the SDDO
- Maintain the SDDO’s calendar, schedule team meetings and provide operational support with project planning and follow-up.
- Schedule development all staff meetings and coordinator agenda prep and distribution.
- Coordinate budget tracking and approval process to support the SDDO and other department directors. Centralize and handle all vendor invoices and submit expenses for development to accounts payable.
- At the direction of the SDDO, prepare materials and reports that are necessary for the bi-weekly Director’s meeting and other strategic planning meetings within Development and with other Hospital departments.
- At the direction of the Director of Prospect Development and Systems, schedule RE training for development staff and assist with upkeep of procedures and policy documents.
Central Office Administration/Donor Support
- Responsible for handling all incoming calls to development’s main line in a professional manner. Provide support and follow up with sound judgment and triaging requests to appropriate staff person as needed.
- Monitor and respond to inquiries that come through the SRN and PHH general email inboxes in a professional and timely manner. Update donor profiles and mailing preferences as requested. Appropriately triage emails that require follow up from another staff person or department.
- Receives and logs all cash and checks that comes to the Cambridge office in compliance with cash handling protocols and works with the Donor Systems Manager to record all daily checks received.
- Coordinate supply orders and keeps inventory logs for all office supplies and collateral used by development.
- Assist with mailing new donor welcome packets and other materials.
- Coordinate the assigning of desks/space as development staff are at the Charlestown and Cambridge locations, working with other executive assistants to review all available options.
- Point person to follow-up with in kind and art donations to SRN and properly process these requests including necessary paperwork and plaque fulfillment.
- Point person to handle any updates to donor credit cards as part of the recurring giving program.
- Coordinate inter-departmental activities as approved by the SDDO.
- At the direction of the Donor Systems and Communications teams, follow-up with donors as issues arise.
- Point person to handle scheduling and assignment of appropriate development staff that will present on fundraising efforts at PCC monthly orientation meetings for all new employees.
- Assist Foundation Relations team with recording of donor actions, and thank you letters using a system that will make the process more efficient for the team.
- Supports the communication and events team with minimal admin support and logistic needs during peak event season.
- Back up for the Gift Processing Coordinator when s/he is out on vacation and when volume is high.
- Assist Donor Systems team with data clean-up projects, returned mail updates in RE and event registration, as needed.
Required: Associate’s Degree
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
Required: 2+ years of experience with providing quality customer service and administrative support to management with proven professionalism and efficiency.
Required: Minimum of 1 year of donor database experience, preferably the Raiser’s Edge.
Preferred: Experience in a development office working with a variety of fundraising initiatives.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritize.
- Strong math and computer competency required.
- Accurate data entry skills and invoice processing experience strongly preferred. Running queries and fundraising reports, a plus.
- Pro-active mindset with goal to continuously improve processes.
- Microsoft Office proficiency with emphasis in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, good written and verbal communication skills and maintain a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and tasks at once, remain flexible and friendly in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and to handle confidential information with a level of sensitivity.
- Knowledge of HIPAA privacy rule a plus.
Click here to apply