Health Imperatives is a non-profit community-based agency, predominantly serving families and individuals in Southeastern, MA including the Cape and Islands. Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of low-income or vulnerable families and individuals. We operate reproductive health clinics, nutrition assistance, domestic violence and sexual assault programs and a number of services and supports for young parents and youth.
TITLE: Development Manager
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, holiday, paid earned leave, retirement, etc.
OVERVIEW:The Development Manager is responsible for all aspects of fund development in collaboration with the CEO and Director of Community Engagement (DCE). The Development Manager will provide leadership on fundraising initiatives including special events, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships and donor cultivation.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive written annual resource development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including: individuals, faith groups, organizations, corporations, etc. to be approved by the board.
- Provide monthly reports to the CEO and DCE and the board which measure progress towards achieving the plan.
- Broaden fundraising by developing approaches such as planned giving, solicitation of bequests, and peer to peer fundraising.
- Create and implement strategies for donor development and cultivation which will provide a diverse and sustainable funding base for HI.
- Keep up-to-date on current fundraising programs, practices and procedures used in the nonprofit sector and inform the leadership of items that would benefit HI.
- Create and implement major gifts program.
- Identify and pursue new sources of corporate and foundation funding.
- Build and maintain relationships with major donors of all types, develop strategies for solicitation, and solicit or coordinate the solicitation by other affiliate staff, board or volunteers, as appropriate.
- Develop and implement all aspects of direct donor mailings, appeal letters, and other donor mailings as needed.
- Manage or oversee all fundraising events.
- Promote events to the business community as a way to support HI and provide support to those groups that want to host an event.
- Work with appropriate staff and volunteers to ensure that all aspects of a successful event are coordinated towards a common goal.
- Develop and solicit sponsors for events as needed.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of four years in the nonprofit sector, including at least 2-4 in a fundraising role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, confident in public speaking
- Commitment to working with low-income and vulnerable individuals and families.
- Experience with constituency software and social media fundraising tools.
- Strong computer skills, including experience in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and grasp concepts and information quickly.
- Ability to lift/carry 20 pounds of materials.
- Experience and contacts in Southeastern MA a plus
Please indicate on your cover letter the position you are applying for. Please note that resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. This posting will remain open until filled.
Follow this link to apply.