Grant writing & management
- Prospect, write & submit on average 3 grant proposals per month to meet CRCH’s operating and capital budget needs. Keep abreast of health care industry changes and articulate complex topics in grant proposals including Accountable Care Organizations, care management, and social determinants of health.
- Prepare grant budgets for submission in conjunction with finance staff.
- Manage grants post-award, including preparing and submitting required reports to funders, and updating grant budgets in conjunction with finance to ensure funding spent on time and for designated purpose, and track funding by employee to maximize salary expense funded by grants.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with funders. Seek out new funding partnerships.
- Collaborate with staff to identify department needs for funding
- Lead preparation of CRCH’s annual operating budget grant schedule
Marketing & fundraising
- Key partner in marketing and external communications, including creating and distributing quarterly e-newsletter; updates to website, and active social media posting that ties to our programs/services.
- Key partner to plan and execute Health Center fund raising and other events
- Key partner in developing CRCH’s annual report
- Manage donations including correspondence from leadership to further cultivate donor relationship
- Bachelor’s degree in English or writing, or Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in healthcare related field.
- Three years’ experience in grant writing and development, health care knowledge preferred.
- Excellent, concise writing and editing skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organized, and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to construct and manage grant budgets.
- Excellent research and analytic skills, comfortable working with data.
- Strong with Microsoft Office programs, especially Word and Excel.
- Excellent ability to work with staff at all levels.