Do you share our belief that film can change the world? Are you eager to share your fundraising expertise, to build a Development department from the ground up?
The Boston Jewish Film Festival celebrates the richness of the Jewish experience through film and media. With 15,000 tickets sold to our programs throughout the year, we are one of the preeminent Arts and Culture organizations in the Boston area.
Now celebrating our 30th anniversary, we are seeking a highly-motivated individual who is ready to help us reach our Development goals. This is a flexible half-time position, and hours may fluctuate, increasing in the summer and fall.
This role will be focused on soliciting and stewarding existing donors, cultivating and soliciting prospective donors, and building philanthropic capacity. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with board members and other volunteer leadership in identifying, cultivating and soliciting major donor prospects.
- Develop engagement strategies for current and prospective donors, including fundraising events, and build relationships with donors.
- Create and manage information processes regarding acknowledgements, recognition and continued stewardship of donors.
- Provide expertise on corporate/foundation relations, annual fund, and other donor relations efforts.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years experience in non-profit fundraising, business development, or a similar field.
- Self-starter able to self-prioritize, and work independently and as part of a small office team.
- Availability for meetings and events on some evenings and weekends.
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with donor databases. SalesForce experience a plus.
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
- Passion for the mission of The Boston Jewish Film Festival. Arts experience a plus. Jewish background not required.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with Development Officer in the subject line.