Promote Social Justice as The Lenny Zakim Fund Development Specialist
The Lenny Zakim Fund
Are you deeply committed to social justice and to the fundamental rights and dignity of all people? Are you looking for meaningful work in an organization that focuses on social change and equity in our communities? If so, a position with The Lenny Zakim Fund might be a perfect fit.
The Lenny Zakim Fund(LZF) seeks and supports people and organizations with tangible solutions that promise positive change in their very own neighborhood.
Achieving social change and equity in our communities requires building bridges between grassroots organizations, the people they serve, donors, volunteers, and community leaders. By supporting grassroots organizations with funding, training and so much more, LZF not only help groups and individuals who are traditionally underserved or marginalized, it empowers them to build strong partnerships and programs that dismantle inequity and nurture resilience.
With a committed board of directors and a dedicated staff of three, the Executive and Deputy Directors and Administrative support, The Lenny Zakim Fund has grown tremendously through major donors, foundation support, direct mail and events since its founding in 1995. Now, at 23 years of age, LZF is ready to promote its growth and ensure its future by adding the right development professional to its team.
LZF seeks a mission-driven, experienced fundraising professional to lead its growing philanthropy and engagement activities. The Lenny Zakim Fund Development Specialist will report to and work in concert with the Executive and Deputy Director sand have access to a passionate Board of Directors and be a key member of the leadership team
The Lenny Zakim Fund Development Specialist will add support and leadership to all areas of fundraising. The Development Specialist will:
· Create and maintain annual development calendar and regular, monthly reporting for Executive Director and Board of Directors
· Assist with prospecting and cultivation of individual annual and major gifts (6/7-figure gifts), corporate, foundation and event-driven
· Oversee fundraising of organization’s existing and potential special fundraising events, including the development and solicitation of sponsors for events as needed
· Provide fundraising support for staff and board for all campaigns as requested
· Create and update collateral materials to support gift cultivation
· Provide monthly reports to the ED and the board on progress toward fundraising goals and all activities
· Develop and implement all aspects of direct donor mailings, appeal letters, and other donor mailings, email communications and social media as needed.
How do you fit in?
This is an excellent opportunity for an up and coming professional with 3 - 5 years of experience who is ready to make their mark in philanthropy with a high profile organization and take their career to a new level while growing the grassroots and supporting social justice. You will have:
· Enthusiasm to take on every aspect of LZF fundraising
· Flexibility to work remotely several days each week
· A minimum of 3 years of fundraising experience in a non-profit development department
· Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, volunteers, and co-workers at all levels
· Experience with the design and implementation of a variety of fundraising campaigns from all sources
· Ability to work with minimal supervision – self-motivated & confident
· Capacity to work effectively in a small fast-paced environment with evolving priorities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· An essential commitment to social justice
· Bachelor’s degree or higher required
In one PDF document, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Development Specialist” in the subject line. No calls, please. Not all applications will receive responses.