Root Cause seeks a seasoned executive leader to help us re-launch our messaging and brand, and build our communications platform.
Root Cause is a nonprofit consulting firm that partners with nonprofits, foundations, and government organizations working to improve education, health and economic security. We do this by strengthening organizational strategy, coordinating action around common goals, building measurement capacity, and conducting third-party evaluations.
Root Cause has recently begun charting a new strategic direction for the organization. As part of the process, we have been working with a communications firm that is establishing a set of foundational messages by the end of the year.
Root Cause is looking for someone to work with us on a contract basis for six months for up to 20 hours/week to start immediately and continue through May/June 2018. We are only seeking candidates who would be open to extension/renewal of this contract after six months. The following are the primary responsibilities:
1. Develop and implement a process to ensure that Root Cause staff and board members can deliver our new messaging clearly and concisely, and represent our brand effectively; provide coaching to staff and board members as needed
2. Develop and test a range of tools and tactics, including website, social media, and public materials, with a focus on revised branding and external messaging
3. Based on learning through #1 and #2, develop a communications strategy and plan with clear, actionable, and measurable recommendations to establish our brand presence, including budget scenarios, a work plan and list of suitable partners/vendors to support implementation
4. Coach and mentor our business development/communications manager in the implementation of communications activities and supervision of the business development/communications co-op (minimum 1-2 hours/week and as needed)
5. Provide general communications expertise and advise the CEO on communications related questions/decisions as needed
Root Cause operates in shared work space in downtown Boston at CIC. We expect the person to work on-site the equivalent of 1 day/week based on a mutually agreed schedule. Remaining work can be done on-site or remotely based on preference. Meetings in person would include with CEO, all team meetings and other critical meetings related to communications. Our norm is to use video for calls/meetings when working remotely, and we use multiple video-calling platforms.
- Deep belief in the mission of Root Cause
- Extensive experience developing and successfully implementing strategic, effective communications plans that have helped shift organizational and field-wide agendas and secure new partnerships and/or client relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 10 years of executive communications/marketing leadership and supervisory experience in a B2B nonprofit or business environment
- A collaborative and respectful management style that focuses on employee growth and learning
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with media, colleagues, and partners
- Expertise using data to drive communications decisions on and offline
- Strong writing and editing skills, with creativity, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt content for multiple audiences
- Proficiency in creating a social media voice and using social media platforms (content and advertising) and blogs to advance both a cause and also an organization
- Proficiency using Salesforce, Google Analytics, Microsoft Office, and email marketing. Familiarity with Wordpress and Campaign Monitor a plus
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and examples of work that showcase your ability to carry out the responsibilities above to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, be sure to provide information about your rates or what you would expect to be paid for the activities as described over six months, along your availability over the next six months (i.e., available hours per week and ideal schedule of work hours).