HopeWell, formerly Dare Family Services, has spent the last 50 years serving children, families and adults with disabilities across Massachusetts and Connecticut. Currently a $25M organization, and serving over 12,000 children a year, HopeWell is the 2nd larger provider of foster care services, in the state and also works to reunite children and families with an ultimate goal of keeping families intact and alleviating the immediate crisis which may have brought them into the system. In addition to our core work with families in the foster system, we are currently operating a variety of programs serving adults with disabilities.
HopeWell is currently undergoing a transformation that includes a new name, new brand and increased focus on growth and innovation within our programs. As such, currently HopeWell is piloting an innovative partnership with a national youth services organization to launch their innovative education and employment model for youth who are aging out of the foster care system, underpinned by stable scattered site housing.
Our team of passionate and driven professionals is committed to building deep relationships with the communities we serve, and being a positive place to work for our staff members. To that end we are working to increase operating efficiencies and innovating best practices for program implementation. HopeWell is a stable and growing nonprofit organization looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
HopeWell is seeking a driven, passionate, and relationship oriented development professional to join our team as Director of Development. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of Development will play a critical leadership role in the growth of this long-standing community serving institution. Overseeing all efforts related to fundraising at a critical and exciting stage in our 50-year history, the Director of Development will help diversify the organization’s revenue streams. Looking to expand beyond grants and government contracts, HopeWell sees a tremendous opportunity to pursue foundation grants, individual giving and events as a way to increase the organization’s ability to innovate and grow their programs and strategies. This individual will have the unique opportunity to build a development infrastructure bringing their own knowledge, expertise and best practices while also serving as a prominent external face for the organization, exploring and pursuing opportunities to help HopeWell solicit investments in line with strategic growth efforts. Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO and Board of Directors, the right candidate will bring an independent and flexible disposition.
- Serve as senior-most fundraising advisor to the CEO, organizational leadership team, and Board of Directors, creating and executing on short and long-term strategies to meet HopeWell’s fundraising goals
- Act as an external face for the organization, leveraging detailed fundraising plans to lead HopeWell in securing gifts across a wide array of revenue streams including individual donors, foundations, strategic partners, and state and federal programs
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with existing and prospective donors, deploying robust prospect research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship action steps to expand the funding base
- Refine and lead process to build annual and multi-year development plans aligned to our strategic growth goals
- Design and oversee systems of financial reporting for the Board, funders, internal decision-makers and for grants management processes, while ensuring the integrity, accuracy and relevance of all development reports
- Proactively develop and execute strategies to increase organizational brand awareness and visibility, relentlessly pursuing partnerships that highlight the work of the organization and develop a wider community presence among funders, community members, and strategic partners
- Ensure the backend systems and processes of the development department are robust, effective and efficient
- Work collaboratively with team members on strategic communications and marketing efforts to increase HopeWell’s visibility, supporting content development and identifying new media opportunities, while ensuring that all external materials align with and enhance HopeWell’s presence and identity
- At least 7 years of progressive leadership experience in a non-profit organization with a successful track record in fundraising, development operations, and comfort collaborating with Boards of Directors
- Proven experience designing and implementing strategic fundraising programs that incorporate a wide array of fundraising sources, alongside a high level of comfort building and leveraging the systems and processes that support a high-performing development operation
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, demonstrating an ability to conceptualize and describe funding needs in a way that is compelling to a diversity of external audiences
- Comfort with making decisions collaboratively while also bringing an ability to work independently
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to plan effectively, meet all deadlines, and coordinate others’ involvement within a dynamic and complex setting
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission, vision and values of Hopewell
- Bachelor’s degree required
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format, addressed to Shaheer Mustafa, CEO at http://commongoodcareers.force.com/careers/ts2__Register?jobId=a0K1L00000otKEM&tSource=
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
HopeWell encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position, and we do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law. We celebrate the diversity of our nation and communities, and we seek to build a team that reflects that diversity. We welcome and encourage all qualified applicants who share that same vision, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our work and this mission.
HopeWell has partnered with Commongood Careers to conduct the search for a Director of Development. Commongood Careers is a mission-driven search firm that supports the hiring needs of high-impact nonprofits. With an approach that leverages robust talent networks, recruitment and search management expertise, and a deep understanding of our clients’ missions and cultures, we help organizations secure the talent they need to create greater social impact. Since our founding in 2005, Commongood Careers has led more than 700 searches at 275 organizations in 33 states, making us one of the most experienced and dedicated nonprofit search firms in the country.