DIRECTOR OF INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT (Full-Time/Exempt)
RESUME & COVER LETTER WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: IBA - Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción empowers and engages individuals and families to improve their lives through high quality affordable housing, education and arts programs.
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Institutional Advancement is responsible for developing, implementing and managing strategies that increase, diversify and sustain philanthropic support for IBA and its affiliates from individuals, foundations, corporations, and the government. S/he identifies, develops and fosters relationships with all donors. S/he is responsible for overseeing the conceptualization, organization and implementation of the annual fundraising campaign, marketing and communication plan, and for developing appropriate strategies to meet annual goals. S/he is responsible for grants strategy, forecasting and management. S/he coordinates special campaigns and manages donor database in Salesforce. S/he assists with all publicity and marketing efforts to advance organizational visibility, including special events and promotions. S/he works closely with the CEO, COO, CFO, Senior Program Director and executive staff to ensure revenue generation is keeping pace with programmatic, capital and operating needs. Reports to COO.
Fund Development and Fundraising Campaigns
· Develops, implements and manages annual fundraising strategies and campaigns.
· Cultivates and maintains key long-term relationships with current and prospective donors and funders.
· Secures financial support from individuals including major donors, foundations, corporations and government sources.
· Conducts research to expand and diversify donor base/pipeline.
· Works closely with other members of -IBA’s leadership team to build an organization-wide fundraising culture.
· Manages special fundraising events and solicitations (e.g. annual appeal, Festival Betances, etc.).
· Manages capital campaigns including engaging and overseeing capital campaign firms, as necessary
Planning, Writing and Reporting
· In collaboration with CEO, COO and CFO, develops and implement a financial strategy to ensure funds, donations and grants meet the budgetary requirements of all programs.
· Oversees the development and execution of grant proposals and reports with a long-term relationship-management approach.
· Works with the management team to identify funds needed, preferred funding targets, and approaches.
· Works with Institutional Advancement Manager, Program Directors/Managers and Senior Program Director to ensure that grants and reports are submitted accurately and on time.
· Works closely and communicates regularly with CFO and Finance department to manage grants and gifts.
Marketing and Communications
· Oversees the strategy for all communications, public image and public relations messages and collaterals to articulate the organization’s mission within brand guidelines.
· Oversees marketing and public relations consultants to heighten awareness of IBA’s programs and events as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities.
· Oversees the development of the content and design of all print and electronic marketing materials, including but not limited to: Website, Newsletters, Program Brochures, and Press Releases, among others.
Data Aggregation, Monitoring and Reporting
· Oversees all data entry including gift processing and management of Salesforce database.
· Monitors and reports regularly on the progress of the development program.
· Reviews dashboard at least weekly and fundraising goals quarterly; analyzes trends and gaps.
· Prepares monthly fundraising report for Senior Management Team and Board.
· Work with all staff on aggregating information on potential donors and funders, communicating leads with Advancement staff and ensuring such data is entered into Salesforce for timely follow-up.
· Supervises, trains and mentors Institutional Advancement staff.
· Trains and supports Board members as they take on a more active fundraising role.
· Participates fully in the organization’s annual events (Three Kings Day, Membership Drive, Board Election, Festival Betances) and other community events.
· Ensures efficient fundraising processes.
· Carries out ad hoc duties, as needed.
GENERAL COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s Degree in nonprofit management, business, social/human services or related field; master’s degree preferred.
· Supervisory experience
· Experience creating and managing budgets
· Minimum five years of demonstrated success in planning, managing, implementing, and securing funds, especially major gifts.
· High degree of computer literacy with excellent knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Salesforce, required.
· Outstanding project management and organizational skills, with the necessary attention to details to drive complex, multi-faceted projects forward and on time.
· Advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to handle a high-pressure environment with multiple deadlines.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Bilingual, Spanish-English, preferred.
· Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting.
· Conveys complex ideas through brief, simple materials.
· Experience with program evaluation, data collection and analysis.
· Good moral character, mature judgment and a strong sense of responsibility and dedication.
· Highly positive and enthusiastic style; capable of motivating others.
· Experience working in an urban community with diverse population.
· Customer service oriented.
· Able to work flexible schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, cover letter and one writing sample (3 pages maximum) to:
IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción
405 Shawmut Avenue
Boston MA, 02118
FOR THIS AND MORE JOB OPPORTUNITIES VISIT: