LOCATION: This is a remote position. See more details below.
Our Mission: Expand philanthropy’s impact and influence to advance the movement to prevent and end homelessness.
Funders Together to End Homelessness is the only philanthropic membership organization devoted to ending homelessness in the United States. We provide critical resources and learning and networking opportunities to our members to increase their knowledge, capacity, and effectiveness in both the individual and collective work to prevent and end homelessness. Funders Together acts as a vehicle for members to be part of a broader movement and bring greater financial and intellectual resources to the work to end homelessness.
Our work brings philanthropy together around best practices and innovation to ensure investments are maximized as funders in communities around the United States work towards solutions to prevent and end homelessness.
We seek to hire a Director of Membership (engagement and recruitment) and Programs (development).
MEMBERSHIP: We have 220 members across the United States, including 30 dues-paying members, and 15-20 new member prospects per year. By 2020 Funders Together has a goal of converting 50% of current members to dues-paying.
- Work with the CEO to create engagement plans that deepen and expand interactions between Funders Together and its members; manage, strengthen, and extend member benefits, services, and supports accordingly.
- Work with the CEO to develop and execute a recruitment plan for new members and convert existing members to dues-paying.
- Work with members to understand their goals and objectives within Funders Together and for their community and create individualized and mutually beneficial plans to achieve them.
- Serve as a point of contact for members and keep apprised of their interest, activities, challenges, and work; find ways for Funders Together to support/advance in mutually beneficial way.
- Assist in research and scoping out information applicable to members working in the area of homelessness, housing, or intersectional issue areas.
- Oversee and manage the on-boarding and orientation process for new members.
- Work with Director of Communications to identify opportunities to amplify members’ work and learning to each other, as well as the broader movement of ending homelessness and other philanthropic networks.
- Plan, manage, analyze and report on evaluations for all FTEH programs.
- Lead effort to track, assess and report on member engagement.
- Manage FTEH efforts to receive member feedback and assess member satisfaction.
PROGRAMS: We conduct two major in-person convenings a year, have 2-3 monthly webinars and 2-3 in-person learnings per quarter. In 2018, we will also be kicking off two Communities of Practice with a mix of in-person and virtual learning.
- As a result of membership engagement, and in concert with other staff; design and execute membership-wide learnings, including meetings, webinars, conference calls, and other relationship and network-building activities.
- In partnership with the Director of Communications develop and promote online resources.
- In partnership with the Director of Networks design and develop content for our annual oneday Funders Forum and multiday Funders Institute.
- Develop partnership with other national and regional philanthropy serving organizations to design programs and engage members across interest areas.
- Maximize participation in and satisfaction with Funders Together programs, events, and activities.
- Use individual member plans to outreach and engage members, and ensure participation, satisfaction, and maximum value to members in all programing and online resources.
- Strong commitment to vision, mission, and values of Funders Together to End Homelessness
- Committed to social justice issues; including addressing racial inequity
- Experience creating and managing programming for a philanthropic audience
- Knowledge of homelessness or human services
- Self-starter with significant initiative, intuition, autonomy, and drive; able to work independently with little need for close management
- Personable, relatable, and relationship-oriented—works well with all types of people and brings out the best in those around them
- Thoughtful and insightful—ability to anticipate, appreciate, and reconcile diverse and complex perspectives
- Flexible and dynamic—can adapt and iterate to changing or ambiguous circumstances smoothly
- Keen attention to detail and ability to produce consistently high-quality work
- Ability and willingness to travel (est. 30-40% time) and work occasional nights/weekends as needed
- Working with networks or membership organizations
- Working in small, virtual teams that span time zones
- Identifying new revenue opportunities and/or business models
- Managing budgets and forecasting revenues
- Experience with social media; Nation Builder or other web platforms; donor management and member management software such as Salesforce and Raiser’s Edge; Survey Monkey; and design programs such as Microsoft Publisher or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Integrating an “equity lens” into organizational culture and practice
- Given remote flexibility, candidate must be able to maintain their own office/work schedule.
- Funders Together to End Homelessness is an equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to the recruitment and retention of a diverse and inclusive staff.
Salary Range: $60-$70K commensurate with experience. FTEH offers generous benefits including health, dental, vision, short-and long term disability, life insurance, 403b contribution, FSAs, vacation and sick leave.
Reports to: The CEO and manages the workflow of the Membership and Program Coordinator in partnership with other staff.
Please send cover letter and resume to Amanda Andere email@example.com. No calls please.