The Director of Programs and Services develops and implements programs and services for and serves as the lead relationship manager with foundation and grantmaker members. The Director will be a key strategist for Associated Grant Makers (AGM) responsible for designing, scheduling and implementing AGM’s programming, which includes issue-oriented briefings, skill-building workshops and networking sessions. The Director serves as a primary liaison to foundation and grantmaker members, provides customized assistance to members, responds to requests for information, and handles special projects. Additionally, the Director participates in the retention and recruitment of foundations and grantmakers as members and in the strategic planning and organizational development of AGM. The Director reports directly to the Executive Director and supervises staff in ensuring that AGM’s members needs are being served in the best way possible to help them achieve their goals and objectives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Current specific duties include:
- Takes lead responsibility for designing and implementing Member (grantmaker) programs and services. This includes working with Executive Director, Board, Program Committee, members and/or other staff to conceptualize program offerings and to ensure that members’ voices are heard in program development, that programming is reflective of and responsive to emerging trends in philanthropy and reflects AGM’s values around diversity, inclusion and equity.
- Identifies and develops programs and services and serves as lead relationship manager supporting key industry sub-groups and geographically based funder groups in various parts of the state. Groups include Corporate Funders, Private Independent and Family Foundations, Community Foundations and funder groups in Western MA, MetroWest, Cape Cod, Southeastern MA, New Hampshire and others ensuring support for grant makers throughout the region.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information such as research, referrals and intra-sector communications for Members and/or AGM other constituents
- Participates actively in Member outreach, recruitment and retention activities including attending board Membership Committee meetings
- Participates in strategic planning and organizational development of AGM with Executive Director, Board and senior staff.
- With Executive Director, develops and monitors the budget for Programming and Member Services, producing an annual allocation plan that is in line with AGM’s overall strategic priorities.
- Maintains contact and familiarity with Members and other thought leaders in the local and national philanthropic sector to identify developing trends, needs and interests and works with key internal staff to design and deliver products, services and programming around emerging interests
- Supervises and directs the activities of the Associate Director of Programs and Services and other support staff in implementing grant maker programs and services.
- Provides coordination and staff support of the board Programs Committee
- Works in conjunction with Director of Communications to insure that website content relating to grant makers is relevant and fresh
- Works with Associate Director of Programs and Services to design events that bring funders and nonprofits together and/or bridges the understanding of both sides of the grant maker/grantee relationship
- Works with Executive Director on fundraising as needed, particularly around special events.
- Sufficient knowledge of and experience in the field of philanthropy to clearly understand the opportunities and challenges facing grant makers and nonprofits
- Ability to think strategically and analytically to identify constituent needs and develop solutions to fulfill needs through programs, events and services
- Experience in creating and implementing industry-specific professional education programming
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Prior experience supervising and delegating assignments to departmental staff
- Ability to organize tasks and manage multiple projects at once with excellent follow-through
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with AGM staff, board, committees and members, foster team spirit and maintain a sense of humor
- At least 7 years of professional work experience at nonprofit organization, membership association, program/workshop/conference management, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in a Microsoft Office environment strongly preferred
The Director of Programs and Services is estimated to be a full time position, but we will consider candidates interested in a part-time position as an option. Compensation includes a competitive salary and benefits including health and dental insurance options, group life, short-term disability, a 401k retirement plan, and generous holiday/vacation package. Associated Grant Makers is located in Downtown Boston with access to multiple options for public transportation, dining, shopping and cultural attractions. AGM is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a diverse workforce. To learn more about AGM, visit www.AGMConnect.org.
Email a resume and cover letter with salary requirements. If preference for part-time, indicate number of hours or schedule restrictions. Send to Jeff Poulos, Executive Director, apply [at] agmconnect [dot] org. Deadline to apply: February 12, 2016