Isaacson, Miller seeks an energetic, flexible, and exceptionally organized individual with excellent communication skills to provide high-level administrative support to the Vice President of Human Capital (HC), the Chief Financial Officer, and the Chief Knowledge Officer of the firm.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate an ability to juggle multiple projects with competing priorities. This individual will be highly attentive to detail and will have excellent organizational skills and the ability to assess and adjust priorities in a dynamic setting. The candidate will be adept at problem-solving in real time as well as anticipating and addressing potential issues in advance. The candidate will possess superior interpersonal skills, excellent judgment and discretion, and outstanding written and oral communication skills. Aptitude and experience innovating to improve efficiency and effectiveness in a rapidly growing organization is a plus.
As employees of IM enjoy a collaborative, team-oriented environment, the candidate will be eager to participate in both team and firm-wide activities and initiatives, contributing to the culture, cohesion, and overall success of the firm. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly-motivated, thoughtful individual who shares IM’s dedication to the success of mission-driven organizations.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure accurate information is entered into internal databases in a timely manner
- Recognize opportunities to improve team operations or efficiencies and bring those to the attention of the larger team; accordingly, lead efforts to implement new procedures or systems
- Participate in firm meetings and committees, as well as team-specific meetings
Human Capital (60%):
- Manage calendars and provide general administrative support for Vice President of Human Capital
- Provide scheduling and logistical support for professional development activities, including orientation sessions
- Coordinate monthly Human Capital team meeting logistics, such as calendar management, agenda, and distribution of materials
- Support performance management through the production, collection, and dissemination of annual review material, as well as other complex team projects as needed
- Assist other Human Capital core team members with administrative matters on an as-needed basis
Knowledge Management (20%):
- Provide support including scheduling, electronic filing, data entry, and meetings management for various Knowledge Management projects on an as-needed basis
- Assist the Directors of Reference Services and of Research on an as-needed basis
- Assist with document production and dissemination for various meetings
Finance and Operations (20%):
- Provide support to all functional areas of operations with a specific emphasis on the following:
- Supporting the Contract Administrator with document preparation, tracking and recording
- Providing back up support and coverage to the Operations Support Specialist for facilities-related needs and tasks
- Assisting the finance team with scanning, copying, filing, and mailing as needed
Key qualifications include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree and professional experience
- Professional and service-oriented approach and demeanor; attentiveness to colleagues, clients, and candidates
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the value of a diverse and inclusive workplace
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word); database experience
- Demonstrated abilities in project management and the management of multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Healthy sense of humor
Isaacson, Miller was founded in 1982 at a time when nonprofit organizations and public agencies rarely used executive search firms. From our inception, we have been committed to strengthening and diversifying the leadership of the civic sector and all of our staff members share a fundamental commitment to our clients' missions. Today we conduct nationwide searches across the entire civic sector and across all the core functions of the institutions within it. We have strong practices in higher education, including leading universities and colleges at every tier; in preK-12, especially in educational improvement organizations and schools of education; in science and social science research institutions, both within and outside the academy; in health care, particularly academic health care; in environmental defense; in foundations; in arts and cultural organizations; in economic development organizations; in human service agencies; and in civil and human rights advocacy organizations, national and international. While most of our clients are not-for-profits, we also work with public agencies, and with select for-profit organizations, particularly those with ties to education and science, as well as with socially responsible companies.
The firm has achieved an excellent growth trajectory and, in recent years, is consistently ranked among the 20 largest executive search firms in the United States. Revenues for 2016 exceeded $30 million. We have more than 200 staff in four offices—Boston, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, and San Francisco—and complete roughly 300 search assignments each year. To learn more about Isaacson, Miller, visit our home page at www.imsearch.com.
Lisa Savereid, VP Human Capital, Scott Fortier, Human Resources Manager, and Chloe Kanas, Associate, are leading this search.
Please submit both a resume and a letter of interest. To submit your materials in application for this role, please follow this link: www.imsearch.com/search-detail/S8-904