The mission of Music at Eden's Edge is to perform chamber music of the highest caliber for the broadest possible audience and to foster appreciation and understanding of classical music through live professional programs in accessible and intimate concert settings, emphasizing artist-to-audience contact, education and community outreach.
Music at Eden’s Edge is currently seeking an experienced grant writer to draft grant proposals and reports, and oversee the creation of grant applications and a reporting calendar. This is a part-time, freelance position, reporting to MEE’s Artistic Director. Work is performed under broad direction of the Artistic Director with the majority of work performed independently.
The candidate must be highly organized with the ability to use independent judgment and produce a quality work product. Previous experience will demonstrate a proven track record in securing funding opportunities; comprehensive knowledge of research, and the ability to distinguish and identify funding opportunities for classical music programming.
The individual will have the responsibility for drafting and submitting roughly 6 grant requests over a 12-month period, as well as drafting letters of inquiries, proposals, concept papers and reports to renew current foundation support. As time permits, also research and qualify foundation and corporate prospects for new grant opportunities. Individual will be responsible for all administrative duties related to grants, including securing all necessary attachments and documentation, and the physical mailing of hard copy materials to funders when required. Potential to extend timeframe may be available at conclusion of contract.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with Artistic Director on the creation of grant proposals and reporting calendar.
- Research and recommend new grant opportunities aligned with MEE’s performance and music education programs.
- Write grant proposals and interim/final reports; provide ample notice to Artistic Director regarding required supplemental materials, including budgets and financial statements.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5-years’ experience in grant writing
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with local, regional and foundation funders, particularly in the arts.
- Proven track record of writing successful applications
- Preferred candidate will have knowledge of arts and music in an around the North Shore and Boston communities
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
This is a part-time, freelance position. Compensation commensurate with experience. Monthly hours will vary depending on grant calendar, ranging from 5 – 10 hours per month. Please include hourly rate/fee structure in cover letter. Also, please let us know how you like to work.
Please submit cover letter, resume, 2-3 writing samples of proposals and final reports, and contact information for 3 professional references to email@example.com with the subject line “Grant Writer Application”.
Applications will be accepted through March 31, 2018. No phone calls please.