Hospitality Nonprofit Internship, approx. 10 hrs/week during semester; up to 35hrs/week in summer. Paid Internship @ $12.00 per hour. Patient/Family Services for Boston-area hospitals.
Hospitality Homes (www.hosp.org) in a nonprofit organization with a mission to provide short-term, no-cost accommodations and other services for patients and families traveling to Boston for medical care for cancer, chronic illnesses, and other healthcare treatment. We have over 100 volunteers and manage 5 apartments in the Boston area. We serve thousands of guests every year.
This is a flexible paid internship position with particular focus in the nonprofit and hospitality fields. During the semester, the hours are expected to be between 10-15 hours per week, flexible schedule within regular office hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, and occasional evening meetings and special activities. Internship hours may grow in the summer months, up to 35 hours per week paid. Small office environment, pleasant working conditions. The office is located on the Green Line, near the St. Mary’s T stop; on the Brookline/Boston town line.
- Assist the program staff with guest reservations, check-in/check-out services and apartment coordination, including inventory and scheduling services.
- Assist our staff in carrying out support for fundraising-related activities
- Assist our staff in the planning and execution of the Charity Golf Classic and Wine Tasting
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Manage social media accounts and create weekly updates
- Collect stories from former guests to share on social media and in other communications
- Provide basic information on Hospitality Homes' services to potential guests and other inquiries
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Reliable, outgoing, and able to work efficiently and independently
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy as this position requires some data base and other computer skills
- Proficiency in the full suite of Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with database software and other software programs a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage the completion of multiple projects, often with shifting priorities while working under direct supervision or independently
- Ability to handle confidential guest/constituency information with sensitivity and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to be creative, flexible, well-organized
- Team player who can work effectively in a small office with a small staff
TO APPLY: Send your resume (in Word or PDF format) and a cover letter by email to Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 2, 2018. Please write “Hospitality Internship” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please.