New Hampshire Public Radio is an award-winning public media company that delivers news, information, analysis, arts and entertainment programming to more than 193,500 weekly listeners across the state and region, and 180,000 monthly unique visitors on the web. Based in Concord, the state’s capital and political hub, NHPR’s newsroom, digital team and original programs consistently earn national recognition for their in-depth reporting and production. NHPR is the winner of the 2015 and 2017 National Edward R. Murrow Award for overall excellence.
NHPR is seeking a talented and entrepreneurial gift officer to help grow our major giving program. The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for securing funds for the organization by cultivating, soliciting and stewarding a group of assigned donors and prospects, ensuring that as many as possible are retained and upgraded in their giving and involvement. He or she develops and implements donor engagement and stewardship plans; collaborates with staff to identify needs and giving opportunities; develops and writes funding requests and proposals, donor reports, solicitation letters and other correspondence; and leads and participates in program planning and coordination of special events. With solid and enthusiastic commitment from our Board of Trustees, CEO and senior staff, this is an excellent opportunity to make a substantial impact at a respected public media organization.
- Work with Director, Major and Planned Giving and VP, Development and Marketing to develop the annual major giving program and lead its implementation
- Identify, cultivate, steward and solicit a portfolio of donors to achieve annual revenue goals using mail, phone, email and in-person solicitation
- Set and implement a strategic plan for each donor and prospect
- Develop prospect lists using donor database and other resources
- Maintain accurate donor records in database
- Assist volunteers and senior staff in preparing for stewardship and solicitation opportunities
- Produce reports and analyses of major donor program that reflect caseload activity and performance
- Develop and produce donor solicitation, renewal and acknowledgment letters and other materials tailored to individual donors
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout the organization to meet overall organizational revenue and customer service goals
- Involve the CEO and other staff members, the Board of Trustees and others as necessary to steward and cultivate major donors
- Plan and execute, or participate in, events related to donor cultivation and stewardship
- Maintain knowledge of station priorities and activities
- Travel throughout the state in order to cultivate donors and prospects
- Participate in on-air fundraising campaigns as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years’ major gifts experience
- Demonstrated success in qualifying donors and soliciting gifts of greater than $1,000
- Adheres to Association of Fundraising Professionals ethical standards
- Outstanding interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Familiarity with multi-channel fundraising techniques
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Detail oriented and performs work with accuracy, efficiency and excellence
- Self-motivated and strong desire to achieve goals
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects effectively
- Proficient in MS Office programs and experience using donor databases (Raiser’s Edge or similar software)
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory motor vehicle record required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
NHPR is an equal opportunity employer
How to Apply
Please apply through the job opportunities page of our website, NHPR.org or through this link: https://nhpr.applicantpro.com/jobs/