Mayyim Hayyim Living Waters Community Mikveh and Paula Brody & Family Education Center is a welcoming, innovative, mission-driven organization serving the Jewish community of greater Boston, New England, and beyond. Our services include ritual immersion for a variety of reasons, educational programs, volunteer opportunities, consulting, and a new national network to strengthen the field.
Job responsibilities may include:
- Develop and implement digital, social media, and in-person marketing strategies in coordination with Director of Annual Giving
- Create, implement, and monitor a marketing and communications plan and ensure that online and offline outreach strategies are consistent and effective
- Develop and implement consistent measurement and evaluation strategies to monitor the success of Mayyim Hayyim’s marketing and communications efforts
- Plan and administer the marketing department’s budget
- In coordination with other staff, develop and manage organizational communications calendar, including Mail Chimp email campaigns, targeted emails, social media, blog,mailings
- Help create the content for email campaigns, ensuring they are in keeping with our mission, values and brand standards
- Create distribution lists to ensure email communications are targeted and relevant
- Solicit, edit and publish blog posts; distribute and promote them via social media
- Promote Mayyim Hayyim events, classes, and art gallery exhibits by listing them on local community calendars and websites, creating and distributing flyers or postcards, and creating and executing strategies for co-sponsorship and audience recruitment (e.g JewishBoston.com, InterfaithFamily.com, Keshet, Moishe Kavod House)
- Craft and distribute press releases about innovative and newsworthy programs or activities at Mayyim Hayyim
- Execute communication strategy for outreach to people who have immersed or attended classes and workshops at Mayyim Hayyim, encouraging them to return
- Maintain website
- Create collateral material for external audiences, including marketing and communication materials to support national mikveh network, immersions, education, and the Mayyim Hayyim gallery
- Perform other tasks as needed
Reports to the Mayyim Hayyim Director of Annual Giving
Essential Preparation, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Outstanding communication skills, with a focus on written communications
- Strong computer skills, including experience with databases
- Team player – ability to manage work in coordination with multiple people and stakeholders
- Creative in thinking and execution
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Understanding of and interest in Mayyim Hayyim’s mission
- Detail-oriented, even in the midst of many tasks and competing priorities
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 1 - 3 years’ related experience
- Experience with FileMaker Pro, Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, SurveyMonkey, social media platforms including Google and Facebook analytics, Wordpress
- Experience working with graphic design programming
- Website management/updating (Wordpress)
- Knowledge of the Jewish community
Visual/aesthetic eye Working Conditions/Physical Demands
The position includes a shared workspace with use of a computer, phone line, voicemail and desk. Office space is up one flight of stairs.
Candidates should be able to work independently and collaboratively.
Applicants need to commit to a minimum of one year in the position.
Immediate Opening, 20 hours a week
$18 – $20/hour
Please submit cover letter and resume (PDF only) to:
This is a critical position for the organization, providing key marketing support across all departments. This position requires the ability to communicate clearly with warmth and sensitivity. The ideal candidate will develop integrated marketing strategies designed to raise the profile of Mayyim Hayyim, ensure brand consistency, increase engagement, and support donor development efforts.