Samaritans’ has an outstanding opportunity for an individual committed to mental health and interested in a career in the marketing profession. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for the organization’s image through the areas of marketing, public relations and communications. This role requires a highly organized, detail-oriented and motivated individual with excellent skills managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Samaritans suicide prevention work saves lives with a 24/7 helpline, grief support services and extensive community education and outreach. The ability to connect with the mission, vision and values of Samaritans is vital; familiarity with the issue of suicide prevention is a plus.
- Develop and execute Samaritans marketing strategy.
- Develop and implement the organization’s communications material including annual reports, brochures, press releases and program flyers by utilizing graphic design.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate supply of brochures, flyers and other hard copy marketing materials.
- Develop ideas and opportunities for feature articles, interviews, presentations, and other public relations activities that promote awareness of the organization and its services.
- Manage Samaritans’ social media communications via monthly Snapshot newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other strategies with Samaritans’ priorities and key messages.
- Responsible for enhancing, building, and maintaining website content and graphics (regularly and without supervision) to serve needs of multiple constituencies, including donors, program participants, community partners and grantors.
- Work with all departments to market organization’s programs and events to potential clients, and track success of marketing efforts.
- Promote and manage Samaritans’ brand portfolio and ensure consistency throughout the organization.
- Support other activities as requested by Executive Director.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and accomplish tasks within given time frames
- Flexibility in working hours for occasional events in the evening or week-end
- Ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere, with little supervision
- Successfully completes the volunteer befriending training
- Must possess strong communication skills, including communicating with others, listening effectively and gathering information from sources at all levels in an organization and working with varying levels of staff
- Functions well as a member of a team.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years of experience with hands-on experience in public relations, communication strategy, marketing and/or nonprofit management.
- Computer (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and social media skills (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) required.
- Experience with WordPress, Online Express, Hootsuite and Constant Contact strongly desired.
- Strong writing, proofreading, and copy-editing skills.
- Ability to be focused and detailed, meets deadlines, and juggles multiple tasks, and work as a part of a team.
- Graphic design and/or web editing and posting skills required.
- Working knowledge of several writing style guides (AP), a plus.
How to apply
Please send your resume (saved as Lastname_resume) and brief cover letter (saved as Lastname_coverletter) explaining your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing and Communications Manager” in the subject line.