The Boston Bar Association (BBA) is seeking a Member Relations Assistant to assist with member engagement efforts; provide administrative support to the BBA’s Membership Department; and welcome members to the BBA’s building as well as field calls to the main BBA phone line during the morning hours.
The ideal candidate will be customer service focused and able to articulately communicate the BBA’s mission and member benefits. He or she will possess exemplary writing, research and data analysis skills.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced, mission-driven organization that supports the legal education, public policy, networking, and public service initiatives of Greater Boston’s legal community.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills to engage current and prospective members via mail, email, and telephone outreach, including proactively renewing and recruiting members.
- While at the front desk during the morning hours, responsible for answering and directing telephone inquiries; welcoming and guiding BBA members and members of the public entering the building; overseeing incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries; and other administrative functions as relevant.
- Data entry and maintenance, including updating member contact information, recording meeting attendance, and running reports.
- Conduct internet research on prospective and current individual members and sponsor organizations to help inform the Membership team’s recruitment and engagement strategy.
- Compile, synthesize, and analyze data to assist in creating reports on member engagement at both the individual member and sponsor organization levels.
- Communicate articulately about the mission of the BBA and the benefits of BBA membership to members and the public at large.
- Assist in new attorney recruitment efforts, which include developing targeted marketing collateral, ordering marketing materials, and facilitating the BBA’s participation in new lawyer swearing-in ceremonies.
- Provide administrative support on large events or projects as needed, including mail merges, mailings, photocopying, and scanning.
- Occasional event logistics support for on- and off-site programs and events.
- Primary backup for front desk during the afternoon hours and as-needed backup for Lawyer Referral Service phone line.
- Other duties as required.
- Hours typically 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., however, some evening hours are required.
- Excellent customer service skills over the phone and in person.
- Extremely organized, with keen attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solver who is proactive and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Analytically-minded and highly adept at internet research.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) is required.
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced organization.
- This is an entry-level position. College degree is strongly preferred.
For a PDF version of the job description, please click here.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org