Outreach Specialist - Everett, Medford & Lowell Adult Day Health Programs
The Community Family a non-profit organization with 40 years of experience providing high quality adult day health services has created an outreach/marketing position to raise awareness of our services in the communities that we serve.
The Outreach Specialist, under the supervision of the Executive Director, is responsible for raising awareness of our organization in the community and increasing referrals to our adult day health programs. The Specialist works as part of the management team.
24 hours/week to start. Anticipate that a significant amount of time will be spent in the community. There is flexibility in the schedule and there may be some evening meetings.
Essential Job Functions: Will normally perform all or any of the following duties, as directed:
- Facilitating the design and implementation of an annual outreach plan. Recommending innovative ways to communicate our mission and the benefits of our services.
- Visiting referral sources and participating in health and aging related events.
- 3. Planning events that bring community members into our centers.
- Working with the Development Specialist on communication pieces targeting a variety of audiences.
- Participating in community activities, networking meetings, and other appropriate activities to increase awareness.
- Promote awareness of our centers and Program Directors in the community.
- At least one year recent experience working in an outreach capacity for an elder service organization, a health care organization or other related service organization.
- Good understanding of non-profit organizations and health and social service providers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Friendly and energetic personality while also able to work effectively in a team.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, human services or another related field.
- Ability to implement a plan but be flexible to make changes as needed to respond to organizational needs and census concerns.
- Present professional image of organization in the community. Ability to interact with a wide-range of professionals and community members.
- Must have valid driver’s license and a car and be willing to drive to communities served by our centers.
Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org