Budget Buddies seeks to reduce the disproportionate number of women and women-headed families who live on the economic margins. Working with low-income women who are aspiring to transition from a life of dependence to a life of empowered independence, we help the graduates of our program gain the confidence and skills to improve their lives and the lives of their families through greater economic stability, sustained employment, increased educational opportunities, and better housing security.
Part Time REGIONAL PROGRAM COORDINATOR – Boston
The Regional Program Coordinator will plan and implement the standard Budget Buddies financial literacy programs in the Boston region.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience working in the non-profit sector, be well organized, able to multi-task, able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, and be able to travel to program locations – while sharing an enthusiasm for the Budget Buddies mission of promoting financial literacy and confidence among low-income women.
- Implement and refine the standard Budget Buddies financial education program in conjunction with local partnering agencies
- Work with partnering agencies to set program schedules, ensure programs are staffed with a sufficient number of volunteer coaches, and match coaches with buddies
- Identify, recruit, and train program volunteers
- Work with Budget Buddies staff in identifying partnering agencies
- Work with Budget Buddies staff in identifying and training qualified workshop presenters
- Schedule, coordinate training space, and facilitate volunteer information meetings, orientations and trainings for coaches and presenters
- Schedule, coordinate training space, and facilitate coaches support meetings, and provide on-going support and encouragement to coaches
This is a part time position at approximately 10-15 hours per week with the expectation for additional hours and growth over the next year.
Must be able to attend training in Chelmsford for the first 4-6 weeks. Upon completion of training, anticipated work schedule will include 2-4 days per month in Chelmsford.
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org