- Acting as a member of the Foundations team, helps program staff increase impact and efficiency by conducting research and analysis to ground philanthropic investments;
- Responsible for understanding nonprofit sector drivers and leveraging internal and third-party data to create insightful presentations that are delivered to grant-making and management teams as part of workflow;
- Studying and understanding the not-for-profit and philanthropic landscape overall and by sector, socioeconomic trends and overall influencers such as demographics and policy issues;
- Maintaining comprehensive knowledge of Fidelity’s Foundation’s investments and strategic direction, as well as our position within the funding landscape.
- Builds sector views of long-term economic and social trends based on demographics, policy developments, and fundamental analysis.
- Initiates timely and relevant research pieces highlighting important macro, regional or sector developments.
- Communicates research findings, views, and recommendations through regular meetings, reports, and one-on-one direct exchanges with program staff
- Provides accurate and clean data visualizations and charts to broader organization.
- Gathers critical data to monitor tactical and strategic developments
- Conducts projects and thematic research.
- Works with program team members to develop research questions and analysis, as well as strategic program recommendations and evaluation targets.
- Analyzes Foundation grants activity and creates custom reports for program staff on a regular basis.
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Data Science, Social Science Research, Statistics, Library and/or Information Science, Business Administration, Economics, or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in the job offered or three (3) years of experience performing research and analysis.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence and build solid relationships
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strategic-thinking and creative problem solving skills, including an ability to analyze and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to express complex business concepts and technical terms to a broad audience
- A strong drive and initiative, exceptional collaborative skills, customer-centric and results driven
- Deep understanding of non-profit sector; strong knowledge of relevant research sources and databases.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (PowerPoint, Word) and outstanding Microsoft Excel skills required, including demonstrated experience with advanced Excel functions and managing large datasets.
- Proficiency in Blackbaud products (Gifts Online) is preferred but not required.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and CV (optional) to email@example.com