The Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC) is a national not-for-profit organization founded in 1994 by Harvard Business School Professor Michael Porter to promote business-led economic development in America's inner cities through private sector engagement that leads to job, income and wealth creation for local residents. ICIC brings together business and civic leaders to drive innovation and action, transform thinking, and accelerate inner city business growth.
Inner City Capital Connections (ICCC) is an Initiative for a Competitive Inner City program that positions inner-city businesses for long-term success. It's designed for busy executives of all expertise levels, and its impact is proven to strengthen businesses and the inner-city communities where they operate.
The Program Analyst provides outreach, research, analysis, communication and administrative support for the ICCC program. This role will report to the Director of the program. There is significant opportunity for increased responsibility given the program is on track to scale in 2017 and beyond.
Hyacinth Vassell, Director, Inner City Capital Connections
- Provide marketing and communications support for the ICCC program
- Prepare materials for application outreach and selection process
- Research new and existing recruitment channels and measure effectiveness
- Assist eligible small businesses through the nomination, application and registration processes of program
- Develop and maintain positive, ongoing relationships with targeted businesses
- Serve as a critical member of the ICCC team to strengthen its branding effort
- Provide tactical and logistical support for program
- Collect data to support key ideas and presentations
- Coordinate potential applicant solicitation process, i.e., product distribution, event notification, data collection, and database input
- Manage invitation and RSVP requirements
- Manage collateral and email distributions required for convening/events
- Market and promote the program to small businesses to encourage participation in program
- Coordinate and execute the ICCC Training Seminars and Conference
A bachelor's degree with at least one year of business experience:
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate in helpful and mature manner to small business CEOs and other entities
- Strong understanding of the components needed to run a business
- Proven ability to be organized, detail oriented and accurate is essential
- Flexible with changing priorities, and ability to manage multiple tasks and a complex workload
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills are essential
- Ability to create, monitor, and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency
- Strong personal commitment to the goals of the program
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- A demonstrated capacity for teamwork as well as a flair for entrepreneurial innovation
- Ability to think beyond the task at hand and take initiative
- Willingness to challenge and be challenged, regardless of one's position in the organization
- The maturity to work productively with a team
How to Apply
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject, Analyst. No calls please.