Futures Without Violence, a national non-profit and social change organization that works to end violence against women and children around the world. We’re a team of educators, strategists, fundraisers, trainers and grass roots organizers who develop programs that can change social norms and prevent violence against women and children.
The Program Assistant will provide general support to the Children and Youth team. Our current work includes: national leadership on a large scale initiative on children exposed to violence within the child welfare system and a national capacity building initiative to enhance state and local domestic violence program’s work with children.
The position will be located in Boston, MA but work with colleagues in San Francisco and Washington, D.C. offices. The incumbent must be highly motivated, be detail oriented to coordinate office functions, and have administration experience.
The person will be expected to:
- Provide general administrative support for meetings and events;
- Organize/schedule calls, take detailed minutes and transcribe when needed;
- Draft and assist with timely grantee reporting and delivery of other reports requested by funder as needed, including conference approvals and reporting for Government meetings and events.
- Perform data entry and update/maintain database (survey results, evaluations, and participant lists).
- Book travel arrangements;
- Submit and reconcile expense reports;
- Assist with copy editing and preparation of program documents;
- Performs general and issue specific research for factsheet development;
- Prepare bids and negotiate contracts for services and materials needed to plan and execute children programs and projects. Facilitate financial approval of invoices and reimbursement forms as needed.
- Perform general office management and administrative duties as required to ensure smooth programmatic operations.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
The successful candidate has experience providing administrative support and is able to perform a variety of tasks under tight deadlines. The incumbent must show personal initiative, strong organizational skills, and is detailed and system minded. They must have excellent communication skills and command of computer systems.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of databases, Outlook, 2007 Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel, Power Point and Word), and Adobe Illustrator.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and a team player
- Value a diverse work environment
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to learn and navigate new and diverse technology and internet platforms
- Occasional travel may be required
- A recent graduate student
- Previous experience with administrative support
- Previous experience with event planning
- Previous experience with database management systems, preferably Convio
- Previous experience with factsheet development and copy editing
Please email your resume and cover letter to Mie at email@example.com.