PROGRAM COORDINATOR, Priscilla King Gray (PKG) Public Service Center, to coordinate and deliver public service programming for the PKG Center.
- outreach to/recruitment of MIT student participants
- planning, attending, and hosting events to raise the profile of programs on-campus with undergraduate and graduate students
- working with center staff on the student application and selection processes, coordinating the interview and match process for students
- identifying, creating, coordinating, and providing trainings for student participants and organizations
- handling logistics of internship placements (travel arrangements, housing, paperwork, risk management, insurance)
- tracking student participation and updating associated databases as needed
- assisting with collaborations with MIT partners to identify, scope, and finalize discrete opportunities for MIT student engagement such as MISTI or GECD internships, class-based assignments, etc.
- developing material and information to populate program web pages and social media feeds and inform fund-raising efforts and donor stewardship.
- two years’ experience in higher education, nonprofits, or international education
- strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- ability to educate and inspire diverse audiences about public service opportunities
- excellent communication and presentation skills
- ability to problem solve and work under pressure
- sound judgment and discretion
- experience with databases, MS Office, and social media.
Must be willing to work evenings and/or weekends. Travel may also be required.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.