Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The Program Director of Adult Foster Care (AFC) is responsible for the successful administration and management of the clinical, budgetary and business operations of the program. This role will provide leadership, supervision, guidance, and support to all program staff and is responsible for communication of all policies and procedures, and on-call availability. The Program Director for Adult Foster Care actively promotes community inclusion, self-advocacy, and individual rights.
- Assure high quality supports by providing direction and supervision in all aspects of the program.
- Direct and supervise all aspects of the AFC program including attending and actively participating in supervision and staff meetings.
- Organize staff and staffing functions to provide appropriate and efficient member contact, services and satisfaction.
- Monitor scheduling of staff to ensure economy and efficiency of member contact and program coverage.
- Monitor and improve job performance of all program staff. Ensure that multi-source performance evaluations are conducted for all employees in program.
- Manage administrative processes and requirements in consultation with Fiscal, Human Resources, and Information Technology Services. Manage and administer budget for the program.
- Maintain constructive and productive internal and external communications with staff, managers, members, families/guardians, caregivers, vendors, and funding sources.
- Fulfill all administration aspects of the Adult Foster Care program including the reporting requirements of MassHealth, billing, budget preparation and required statistical and financial reports.
- Coordinate with Advancement and the Director of Shared Living and AFC to support and the development of and execute on an effective marketing plan supporting program growth.
- Ensure all program record keeping and documentation is accurate and up to date.
- Support the development and growth of all members served in the program.
- Ensure the needs of the members are addressed through verbal, written and email communication and staff receive the information pertinent to the members’ needs.
- Ensure health and safety of individuals and staff through compliance with agency policies, OSHA and other safety standards.
- Ensure that staff and caregivers receive appropriate certifications and training to perform duties adequately.
- Ensure and monitor the payment of stipends to all AFC caregivers.
- Ensure that the AFC caregivers meet all regulatory and contractually mandated requirements.
- Coordinate organizational resources necessary to respond to critical events.
- Oversee grievance policy for families and participants.
- Oversee training of caregivers in all facets of their responsibilities.
- Support all elements of programmatic processes as warranted by staffing needs including such tasks as intakes, facilitating caregiver matching, transition etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relatable field and 6-8 years’ experience working with disabled/elderly adults in community setting. Experience with administrative functions including supervision of staff, hiring, staff development and evaluation.
- Must possess working knowledge of Adult Foster Care programs.
- High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and ability to use good judgment.
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
How to Apply
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format, addressed to Karen Williams and Craig Gaudette.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Advocates offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Advocates is an equal opportunity employer.