What we’re looking for:
LivableStreets seeks a highly motivated full-time Program Manager to provide effective coordination and implementation of the Emerald Network Initiative.
Who we are and what we do:
In 2015, Livable Streets launched the Emerald Network Initiative, a vision that builds on Boston’s greenway legacy to create a seamless 200 mile greenway network across the core of Boston and its inner suburbs – creating an urban recreation and transportation system that is safe and convenient for all. The Emerald Network is led by a core Executive Committee and larger group of advisors.
What the Emerald Network Program Manager will do:
The Program Manager will lead and shape the program and overall strategic direction for the Emerald Network in the following areas:
- Manage the Greenway Partners Program; lead and collaborate with community groups to move proposed greenway projects forward
- Lead change for key greenway projects and provide technical, community, and political support to active projects in the Emerald Network
- Work with the regional LandLine Coalition on state-level policies, pedestrian/bike funding and data-gathering to advance greenway projects
Build Broad Public Support
- Communicate the vision widely to the general public, community partners, and public and private stakeholders through online platforms, meetings, and presentations
- Build and cultivate relationships with a social network of partners and advisors
Manage the Program
- Collaborate with Executive Committee, staff, volunteers, consultants, and committees at LivableStreets Alliance, and other advocacy and civic organizations
- Work with Content Manager on communications and outreach efforts, including maintenance of the Emerald Network website and online database, and overseeing external communications
- Work with Executive Director to manage budget and expense planning
- Ensure strong reporting, information flow and process management
The ideal candidate will have a strong combination of many of the following qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of professional work experience with demonstrated leadership managing groups of people and managing an initiative/program
- Strong communication skills--written, visual, and verbal
- Ability to execute on a number of diverse projects simultaneously; comfort with taking initiative
- Academic or professional experience in community and/or urban planning, transportation policy, or related discipline
- Adobe Creative Suite highly preferred, ArcGIS experience preferred
- Familiarity with Metro Boston regional planning issues
- Commitment to making the Boston region a better place to bike, walk and use public transit
- Interest in issues of active transportation, open space and public health
- Comfort working both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced campaign environment
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer competitive salary and benefits including an employer contributed health insurance, a matching retirement plan, paid vacation, professional development opportunities, transit/bike commuter benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume by January 16th to Emerald Network Executive Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Emerald Network Program Manager’ in the subject line. Early applications are encouraged as we are looking to fill this position in January/February 2018.