Associated Grant Makers (AGM) seeks a Programs & Administrative Associate. The Associate will play a key role in delivering and supporting services, and stewarding relationships on the front-line with AGM’s dues-paying networks, including over 120 Grantmaking Members and over 525 Nonprofit Partners throughout Massachusetts and surrounding region. The Programs & Administrative Associate is a full-time position and works closely with a number of AGM staff members to provide administrative support across departments.
- Manage internal and external event logistics including room scheduling and setup, venue coordination for external venues, program listings on calendar, registration, program reminders, nametags, materials, catering needs, volunteer coordination, evaluations, and other support as needed
- Act as the first line of contact with AGM, responding to inquiries (phone & email) which typically include questions about AGM account access, Nonprofit Partner Program, which provides service and support to nonprofit organizations in the region to support their fund development program, and on Funder Member benefits and resource needs
- Coordinate Resource Center activities, including scheduling/confirming appointments and provide training to individuals on basic foundation research using databases (Foundation Center Directory Online, AGM’s Grant Makers Directory, Guidestar Premium) as needed
- Develop and implement ongoing strategy for the Grant Makers Directory (GMD), a database of foundation and grantmaker organizations in the region including
- annual data curation and import for GMD
- grantmaker outreach to create and/or update profiles
- communications to nonprofit organizations about the value of the GMD
- Data entry for Customer Relationship Management system (including our GMD), and for AGM’s Job and RFP Directories. Activities include verifying and/or entering information from Grantmakers and other sources (Foundation Center, Guidestar, etc.)
- Lead the Partner renewal processes, including updating and maintaining organizational records, completing data entry of new and renewing Partners, and, as needed, distributing renewal emails and mailings for AGM Nonprofit Partner program
- Contribute to the curation of online information related to AGM programs including website, social media, and AGM website (program recaps/resource pages)
- Support Programs & Services Manager in implementing strategies to retain current and reach new nonprofit Partners
- Manage subscriptions and relationships associated with Grant Resource Networks
- As requested, work with other staff to keep website information on current programs & services up-to-date and accurate to reflect AGM’s benefit to the philanthropic community
- Additional administrative support includes representing AGM at office reception area; handling incoming mail and packages; assistance in preparing lists, reports, and analysis of data as needed; preparing materials for board meetings and other programs; and other administrative support as needed.
- Provide coordination and staff support of the board Programs Committee
- Support the Chief Executive Officer in coordination of board communications and meetings
- As needed, support on special projects.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in data entry
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage several tasks and projects at once with excellent follow-through and ability to perform a substantial number of tasks independently
- Strong event logistics and project management skills
- Ability to work cooperatively, foster team spirit and maintain a sense of humor
- Experience in a Microsoft Office environment strongly preferred
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in nonprofit or business
The Programs & Administrative Associate is full-time at 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm. Some programs and events may require early arrival or late departure for coverage. Annual Salary is $37,000 - $40,000/year, and benefits include health and dental insurance options, group life, short-term disability, a 401k retirement plan, and generous holiday/vacation package. Associated Grant Makers’ office is located at 133 Federal Street, in the Financial District, near South Station and Downtown Crossing, with access to multiple options for public transportation, dining, shopping and cultural attractions.
Associated Grant Makers is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a diverse workforce. To learn more about AGM, visit www.AGMconnect.org.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
In SUBJECT FIELD of email, please note: Programs and Admin Assoc
Position will remain posted until filled.