The Programs and Services Manager will serve as the lead manager on the Nonprofit Partners Program (NPP) and assist in the implementation of Member programs and services. This work includes the strategic planning, design and implementation of workshops, classes and special initiatives that are part of the NPP as well as outreach promoting the NPP. This position reports to the Senior Director of Programs for Program-related responsibilities and the Chief Executive Officer for Special Projects and other responsibilities. The Manager works closely with other staff such as the Meet-The-Donors Coordinator and the Programs & Administrative Associate to delegate and assign tasks.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Nonprofit Partner Services
- Develop and implement Nonprofit Partner Program strategies to maintain and grow the program including design and execution of benefits.
- Design and manage Partners capacity-building and technical assistance workshops and classes with emphasis on fundraising, grant seeking, and other skills in fund development.
- Plan and implement marketing and promotion of program to retain current and reach new Partners and Consultant Partners including a regional outreach strategy.
- Oversee development of the Nonprofit Partners Update newsletters and communications in collaboration with Programs and Admin Assistant and Senior Director of Communications
- Serve as a backup trainer in the Resource Center training individuals on basic foundation research
- In coordination with Communications Director, design, implement, and distribute organizational materials to promote the work, programs, and services offered by AGM to grantseekers.
Grantmaking Member Services
- Support the Director of Programs in the conceptualization, planning, design, and evaluation of programs & services. This may include:
- Primary lead on grantmaker education programs
- Outreach to and preparation of speakers
- Design, implement and report out on Member programs and services survey and evaluation
- Respond to inquiries and requests for information such as research, referrals and intra-sector communications for Members and/or AGM other constituents
- Work in conjunction with Senior Director of Communications to insure that website content relating to grant makers is relevant and fresh
Special Projects & Programs
- Manage special initiatives that bridge the grantmaking and grantseeking communities, including the Nonprofit Learning Institute and Meet the Donors series (in coordination with Meet the Donors program manager)
- As needed, serve as a lead or support on special projects.
- Participate in board subcommittees as related to work.
- Knowledge of and experience in the nonprofit sector to clearly understand the opportunities and challenges facing nonprofit organizations
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and ability to represent AGM as presenter, speaker and participant in public forums, meetings and events
- Strong event planning and project management skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage several tasks and projects at once with excellent follow-through and ability to perform a substantial number of tasks independently
- Ability to work cooperatively, foster team spirit and maintain a sense of humor
- Experience in a Microsoft Office environment strongly preferred
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in nonprofit or business
The Programs and Services Manager is a full time position. Annual salary is in the range of $45,000-$50,000, and benefits include health and dental insurance options, group life, short-term disability, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, and generous holiday/vacation package. Associated Grant Makers is located in Downtown Boston with access to multiple options for public transportation, dining, shopping and cultural attractions. AGM is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a diverse workforce. To learn more about AGM, visit www.AGMConnect.org.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply: until filled