The Senior Director of Developmental Services is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of all job training and vocational services serving individuals with disabilities. This position provides leadership and direction to all staff supporting these services in Boston and in Salem. The Senior Director must work in a collaborative manner within Programs and Services and with other departments within the agency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversight of program operations, quality management, budgeting and financial management, and data management related to programs.
- Drafts response to government and quasi-governmental requests for proposals; establishes and oversees the management of government contract performance.
- Analyzes operations to evaluate performance of a department and its staff in meeting objectives and to determine areas of operational efficiency and program improvement.
- Supports the development of proposals to Corporate and Foundation funders and the preparation of subsequent reports.
- Maintains strong relationships with funders. Develops strong relationships with community leaders and establishes and nurtures collaborative working relationships with other community based organizations and employers.
- Responsible for monitoring regulatory and licensure requirements and ensuring compliance.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree and professional certification in clinical field preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience as manager working with people with disabilities.
- A commitment to the core mission of the agency and an abiding passion for helping individuals move out of poverty and move to independence.
- An extensive network; an orientation to collaborate; the ability to develop, negotiate and operate programs with other community-based organizations; and comfort working with businesses.
- Experience in government proposal/grant writing, funding management and funder relations.
- Experience in effective collection, use, and management of program information.
- Strong communications and relationship management skills, professional demeanor and ability to thrive in a diverse environment. Ability to communicate effectively (orally and in writing) with individuals at all levels.
- Requires acceptable results of CORI check according to Agency policy and DDS requirements.
Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries has retained New Leadership Group to assist with this recruitment. Confidential inquiries and applications, should be submitted electronically to Gale Batchelder at email@example.com. Applications should include resume and cover letter.
Goodwill is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.