Massasoit Community College is a comprehensive two-year public college located in Brockton, Massachusetts with campus locations in Canton and Middleborough. Founded in 1966, the college offers associate degree programs in arts, sciences, and applied sciences, as well as one-year and short term certificates for a range of occupations and interests.
We at Massasoit Community College pride ourselves in our tradition of excellence and in our historic mission of accepting all who desire to learn. We are dedicated to creating a challenging and supportive environment where the members of our community can attain their educational and personal goals. We encourage all to take responsibility for their learning, to discover their potential, and to achieve their ambitions. Massasoit Community College is solidly committed to diversity, equal opportunity, and affirmative action in the development of its policies, programs, procedures, and practices. Our mission, vision, and values emanate from the principles of diversity and opportunity for all.
In accordance with the American College and University President's Climate Commitment, it is our goal as educational leaders to demonstrate a strong commitment to sustainable practices through highly visible efforts. All staff must demonstrate a commitment to energy conservation and environmental stewardship and promote those values to co-workers and the wider campus community.
Massasoit Community College invites applications for a talented fundraising professional to serve as the Senior Philanthropic Strategic Planning Officer. This is the first time the College has had such a position that will strategically focus on capital campaigns, major and planned giving. This position reports to the College President. The Senior Philanthropic Strategic Planning Officer cultivates, solicits and stewards donor and prospective donor portfolios in order to meet the annual and multi-year fundraising goals. Must have a passion for higher education.
The Senior Philanthropic Strategic Planning Officer oversees Alumni Relations and coordinates the integration of Massasoit Community College and the Massasoit Community College Foundation Board on matters related to the solicitation and management of donations.
This position reports to the College President.
- Working with College leadership to inform the development of strategic fundraising plans that include capital campaigns and major and planned giving based around fundraising activities.
- Effectively managing resources to achieve results.
- Personally engaging in the solicitation of major gifts.
- Creating the infrastructure that builds a long-lasting pipeline of major gift prospects.
- Leading, supervising and coordinating the Departments of Philanthropy & Alumni Relations.
- Recruiting and retaining high-performing philanthropy and alumni relations professionals.
- Teaching and mentoring philanthropy staff as well as other individuals across the institution that engage in fundraising activities.
- Leveraging technology to enhance fundraising efforts and enable data-driven decisions.
- Engaging with the local community, industries, and external stakeholders to build and maintain long-term relationships that benefit the College.
- The successful candidate should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- A graduate degree in an appropriate field.
- Five to ten years of progressively responsible philanthropic experience.
- Experience with supervising and coordinating philanthropic operations.
- Experience in developing and coordinating a range of philanthropic efforts, such as: annual giving, capital campaigns, major and planned giving.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use resources in a manner that produces desired results.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to identify priorities, set strategies, and utilize benchmarking strategies to manage for results.
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse set of internal and external constituents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to assemble, analyze, and present data.
- Evidence of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
Non Unit Professional, full-time state funded with benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
How to Apply
Applicants MUST apply online at www.massasoit.edu. Click on Careers in the top navigation and then Apply Now. Resume and cover letter are required.