The Senior Project Manager, Services and Programs, is a critical role for PCP as we continue to expand our projects and programs. This position provides key operational oversight and management for PCP’s Learning and Development work involving PCP’s national teams, team leaders, faculty advisors, trainers, and organizational partners and clients. This person will be responsible for supporting projects - from their charter and planning stages through their operation, data collection, and evaluation. They will also support the Director of Leadership Development and Director of Programs in enhancing project/program success and participant satisfaction, and the management of key, outward facing relationships essential to PCP’s growth.
Founded in 2010, Primary Care Progress is a national 501(c)(3) organization committed to building a stronger primary care system. Working with current and future healthcare professionals from across disciplines and career stages – from students and faculty to providers and health systems leaders – we offer leadership development and support that emphasizes relational skills, individual resilience, and advocacy. By providing the resources and community necessary to excel, we’re strengthening the individuals and teams at the heart of primary care, ultimately leading to sustainable models of care and better health for all.
Our organization is driven as much by our values as we are by our mission. That means every member of the team works hard to embody:
- Trust, Integrity, and an Eagerness to Learn
We engage really smart people, invest in them, and trust them to do their best.
- Commitment to the Team and the Mission
We believe in the strength of diverse, engaged teams, working collaboratively to achieve great things.
- Equity and Inclusion
We’re fearless advocates for health equity and access, championing a system of care that welcomes and respects all.
WHO YOU ARE
- A team player who cares about the wellbeing of your colleagues
- An effective problem solver
- An individual seeking to remove obstacles and smooth complexities with professionalism, respect, and humility
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Collaborate with the Director of Leadership Development, Director of Programs, Director of Operations, and other PCP leadership to identify needs and solutions for Services and Programs projects and infrastructure
- Create detailed project plans - outline deliverables, dependencies, timeline, and budget - to meet project and organizational goals
- Manage projects independently and, when needed, plan customization of projects
- Manage timelines to ensure project requirements are achieved in a timely fashion and within guidelines
- Develop proposal, budget, and contract creation, manage project expenses, and prepare financial reports for Programs and Leadership Development projects; manage budget and allocation of resources
- Provide quality improvement support and consultation to leadership team by conducting data collection and reporting evidence-based conclusions
- Lead the evaluation of learning and development programs, including design, data collection and assessment, post-evaluation dissemination to partners and staff, and guidance on program improvements
- Innovate new tools or processes where needed
- Perform research activities (including data collection and analysis)
- Collaborate with leadership team to manage client/partner relationships through a customer service lens
- Facilitate effective teamwork
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders on the progress of projects
- Oversee project communication strategy, including written updates and status meetings (agenda, facilitation, and follow-up)
- Solve problems independently, create solutions/tools and communicate concerns in a timely manner
- Collaborate with Director of Operations and other Project Managers to support maintenance of Salesforce database and Learning Management System
- Oversee and manage program/project logistics, including scheduling, materials, and post-session follow-up
- Organize and maintain project files using our web-based project management platform
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Action-oriented and adaptable problem-solver with the ability to exercise professional judgment to find solutions to problems
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage a wide variety of individuals in support of common goals and effective teamwork
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and fast-paced setting
- Ability to coordinate multiple, complex projects with a high degree of organization, attention to detail, and flexibility
- Demonstrated passion for Primary Care Progress’ mission to transform primary care delivery through leadership development and advocacy
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience required, with a minimum of 4 years of successful project or program management experience
- Experience within the Learning and Development or Education field preferred
- Demonstrated skill with data management systems and analysis; experience with Salesforce and Learning Management Systems or other CRM systems preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years of equivalent experience
- Cover letter
Primary Care Progress provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, family status, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status. All personnel actions, including but not limited to those relating to hiring, job assignment, performance assessment, promotion, compensation, benefits, layoff and termination, are based on the principle of equal employment opportunity.