For more than 90 years, generous individuals and families have trusted the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving to help them make meaningful contributions to their community for present and future generations.
As the Senior Officer, External Communications and Community Engagement, you will help broaden awareness and deepen understanding of the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving to encourage action among our key stakeholders. You will be part of a team of marketing communications professionals who have a passion for their work and thrive in a collaborative, fast paced environment.
If you are creative, proactive and have broad marketing communication experience and are, enthusiastic about making a real difference in our community, please consider applying for this position.
- Supervises the planning and execution of all external communications, particularly paid advertising and media initiatives and sponsorships to support strategic plan goals and other Foundation initiatives. Manages budget, contracts, creative and media with effective follow-through and accuracy.
- Provides oversight on all media relations activities, ensuring regular and proactive outreach to media outlets and clear linkages to our strategic priorities, including state-wide and national partnerships; reviews all media releases to ensure a high degree of quality control. Assists grantees with disseminating news about Foundation grants and the work supported by those grants to maximize the Foundation’s visibility and community-building efforts.
- Leads all foundation-wide community engagement efforts, including planning of major Foundation events, crafts and edits speeches and talking points for Foundation president, board and staff members. Helps prepare for community presentations to a variety of audiences, including donors, civic and professional groups, and agency leaders. Tasks include research, development, writing, editing and creating visuals using PowerPoint, etc.
- Supports marketing communication planning efforts; ensure goals and timing are met.
- Supports digital communications, including broadcast email, assists with web projects, and updates website content to ensure accurate and visually appealing e-communications for the Foundation’s constituents.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of experience with significant accomplishments in advertising, media, and/or public relations.
- Evidence of thriving in high-speed, multiple-task environment, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability, delivering quality results within deadline and on budget.
- Evidence of creativity in problem solving, excellent time and project management skills, as well as budget preparation and management.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex ideas and detailed information into fresh, compelling and meaningful ideas.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail, track record of achieving impeccable quality control
- Consistent demonstration of the highest standards of professional ethics, respect for business and personal confidentiality, and discretion.
- Track record of working both independently and as an effective team member and team leader.
- Demonstrated ability to relate comfortably and supportively to diverse co-workers, donors, grantees and vendors.
- Proficiency in interactive communications tools (content management systems, video editing software, and social media) and HTML, InDesign, all social media tools is very desirable.
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Office applications; with record of learning and using new software applications.
- Curiosity, eagerness to learn, high energy, and resilience, along with a sense of humor and optimistic approach to challenges.
- Post-graduate studies a plus.
- Involvement in civic or volunteer service a plus.
How to Apply
To apply: Please send your resume and cover describing your interest in and qualifications for this position, as well as your salary expectations, to:
Ms. Yobie Santana, Human Resources Assistant
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving is an equal opportunity employer, requiring a diverse group of individuals to achieve our mission.
For more information about the Foundation, please visit our website, www.hfpg.org